Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Irish Contract Lee-Enfield No4 Mk2 rifle

G'day everybody,

Here's an article on the Irish Contract Lee-Enfield No4 Mk2 rifle that I found online this morning.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2011/04/chris-dumm/obscure-object-of-desire-1954-irish-contract-lee-enfield/

After seeing the pictures of this rifle in the link above, I wouldn't mind getting my hands on a Irish Contract No4 (or any No4 Mk2 rifle) in the future

Yeah, the captain of the club I shoot Service Rifle with has one of these and they are indeed a nice rifle; the light-coloured beech woodwork certainly looks spectacular in bright sunlight.

Comment

I have one, which was unfired until about a year ago......

It lost collector value when a previous owner put his initials on it in half a dozen spots. Whoever TRJ is, is a complete fuxyhead........

Thanks,

Oddball

Comment

I have one, unfired

Comment

and matching Bajonet

Comment

Nice rifle and bayonet, OSSI

Comment

Guest commented
              Editing a comment
              Very nice.

Bought it in July 2002 for 600
            These days they go for 1500 to 2000 unfired

Comment

Quite a few LE No4 Mk2 were made and by far the greatest quantity was for the "Irish Contract". The serial number range of the 50.000 rifles is PF309348 - 359347.
              There was even a small contract for ten (10) for Hong Kong.

I have an 'irish' one that is still a "mummy", just as it left the factory. :P
              When governments fear the people, there is Liberty: When people fear the government, there is tyranny. Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Working...
              X