Finnish M39, 1941 VKT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finnish M39, 1941 VKT

Hey everybody, this is an M39 that purchased on Gunbroker earlier today. Just testing out the US-AUS import service, if it all works out, it'll be a great opportunity to acquire some 'items' that are scarce here, but not in the states. The information I've gathered so far, is that this particular example is a 1941 VKT (Valmet), matching numbers and war-time stock. Apparently the Finns started 1941 with the serial '25000', which would mean that this particular rifle was within the first 20 produced that year. I'm very excited about the whole prospect. I'm completely unsure if the licensing dept. would allow me to register the rifle, considering the trouble we've been having with 7.62s lately, but I thought I'd just take another punt. As folks have said, they can't knock you back if you have a genuine reason. Here are the pics:

Let's hope the wait isn't too excruciating for you Sam

Really nice stock can see why you jumped on it

Very good price, all told, as I said!

Would it be rude to ask how many 7.62s you have? (don't have to answer if its an uncomfortable question lol) Just hard to believe in a State usually so easygoing - by comparison with most - that VIC has this hangup about "numbers" of any one calibre. I've never had a single word mentioned in NSW...and I've got *ahem* a few Lol

Comment

• TheSovietSamurai
      TheSovietSamurai commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by zhuk" post=31884
      Let's hope the wait isn't too excruciating for you Sam

Really nice stock can see why you jumped on it

Very good price, all told, as I said!

Would it be rude to ask how many 7.62s you have? (don't have to answer if its an uncomfortable question lol) Just hard to believe in a State usually so easygoing - by comparison with most - that VIC has this hangup about "numbers" of any one calibre. I've never had a single word mentioned in NSW...and I've got *ahem* a few Lol
      Not an uncomfortable question at all mate, I have no problem letting people know, I don't exactly have enough to raise my own private militia or anything, haha. At the moment we have eight in the safe, + another two on the way, including the M39.

Ok now this topic of importing is very interesting for me. Please keep us posted about the process that you experience(If you don't mind ) as there are a couple of rifles that I would love to import, Persian mauser(carbine!) comes to mind. As I've never seen one for sale.

btw..WOW!, thats looks incredible! Can't wait to see more pictures

Here in nsw I registered 3 8mm mausers between 2 weeks each and the registry didn't seem to care.

Comment

[quote="TheSovietSamurai" post=31877]Hey everybody, this is an M39 that purchased on Gunbroker earlier today. Just testing out the US-AUS import service, if it all works out, it'll be a great opportunity to acquire some 'items' that are scarce here, but not in the states. The information I've gathered so far, is that this particular example is a 1941 VKT (Valmet), matching numbers and war-time stock. Apparently the Finns started 1941 with the serial '25000', which would mean that this particular rifle was within the first 20 produced that year. I'm very excited about the whole prospect. I'm completely unsure if the licensing dept. would allow me to register the rifle, considering the trouble we've been having with 7.62s lately, but I thought I'd just take another punt. As folks have said, they can't knock you back if you have a genuine reason. Here are the pics:

Looks great Samurai even if you have to wait several months, at least you know it's yours. Within the first 20 produced that year..amazing. I didn't realise Vic was that bad either. I've never had issues in NSW, even recently with my growing rate of 7.62s ( Touch wood ). Hopefully by the time it arrives, the registry would have calm down a bit. But like others have said if you have a genuine reason.. What can they really do. Just get that beautiful M39 in the country and cross the other bridge later if it turns into a registry argument. I've made some enquires yesterday about some items on Gunbroker so hopefully your M39 will have some company on the long trip to Aus.
      Gunbroker.. My new form of Candy Land :lol:
      Keep up the good work Samurai

Comment

• CE
        CE commented
        Editing a comment
        Tell us about the import service you are using. I am also interested to know how you go about this.

Sov Sam,
      Welcome to the m/39 owners club...
      You won't be disappointed!
      Member of the Aunty Jack Firearm Appreciation Society - "Now be a good little Aussie and learn how to shoot or I'll rip your bloody arms off......and I will too!"

"Have you tried unloading it then reloading it?" - Roy Trenneman on fixing firearm problems

Comment

Working...
      X