$485 Fazakerly on used guns now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $485 Fazakerly on used guns now

A nice rifle with very good timber, matching numbers, a shootable bore and 1942 army canvas gun bag. A great pig gun.

http://usedguns.com.au/Product.aspx?p=26129

just checked used guns and found this, wish i had the dosh to call and see if it's sold

steve

Yeah seems like a great deal. What's the catch tho.
    Love your country, love your family, love your sport.

Comment

There always is one

Steve

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        The "catch" is in the wording "shootable bore" Really means it's F*&^%D but you could hit a pig at 20yds. Trust me I have had plenty bad UG experience.

Described as "shootable" bore (suggesting some reasonable amount of wear), yet the stock looks a bit well, shiny

Grasping at straws here, maybe its had a refurb job on the furniture? Doesn't seem to match does it. For a MkII seems a bit cheap even with that bore description.

Of course I could easily being talking total crap lol

Comment

Yeah could be right, lol

guess its hard to talk up "pig at 20 yards" as a sales pitch :P

Makes the stock mismatch even more suspect to my mind

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          The No4 Mk 1 & 2s are popular with Service Rifles shooters, so I'm guessing that it's had a good few thousand rounds through it (possibly a fair bit of it being the Pakistani corrosive cordite stuff, which was around in decent quantities and considered popular cheap club ammo; some of the clubs I shoot with still use it) and it's now ready for a re-barrel? Usually the description "good pig gun" suggests that firearm that will hold it's own against a charging pig at 15m in the scrub and is often applied to old 30-30 levers and cut-down old "bubba'd" SMLEs, but not usually pristine-looking Mk 2s...

It does look nice, definitely a refurb, the metal work looks too good for a 40yr old rifle.
        That would be a good rifle for me to buy, always wanted a No4.

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          Originally posted by scythe" post=32991
          It does look nice, definitely a refurb, the metal work looks too good for a 40yr old rifle.
          That would be a good rifle for me to buy, always wanted a No4.
          Yeah, saw a few barrels for sale on one of the sites (firearmsales.com, usedguns). Don't know what gunsmiths charge these days to change out a barrel and headspace the bolt however I'm guessing that for under a grand all up you'd have a very nice looking mk2 with an excellent new barrel that would shoot like a new rifle.
      Working...
      X