Finn M39 price

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finn M39 price

Interested in getting a Finn M39 in the new year and would like some advice as to what would be a fair price here in Aus.
    I've noticed that Magnum Sports has one for sale for the past couple of months on consignment , but still not Sold yet. It is in unissued condition with ( B ) Belgium barrel. Price is $1990. I'm sure these prices will alarm the USA folks, but unfortunately here in Aus, our prices don't come close to what you pay. As I said, not buying yet. Just getting figures in my head. Thanks all.

I'm actually heading into Magnum Sports over at Roseville either today or tomorrow to pick up a shotgun I bought from them last week. Don't know where you're located Groggy, but if you haven't been in there yourself to see it then I'll check out that Finn whilst I'm in the store and report back here as to what it's like in the flesh (I'll also see if the seller would be prepared to shift his position on the price).

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by GSR" post=25679
      I'm actually heading into Magnum Sports over at Roseville either today or tomorrow to pick up a shotgun I bought from them last week. Don't know where you're located Groggy, but if you haven't been in there yourself to see it then I'll check out that Finn whilst I'm in the store and report back here as to what it's like in the flesh (I'll also see if the seller would be prepared to shift his position on the price).
      Hey Groggy: Ok, so had a handle of their Finn M39 when I was in Magnum Sports today; according to the staff there, the owner had purchased it unissued and "in the grease" and then cleaned it and then put if away in the safe where it stayed. I will firstly say that I know pretty much nothing about Finn M39s, so I appraised the rifle as I would a 91/30 re-furb (for which I do know at least the basics about).

My first impressions were that the rifle looked brand new, and it could have rolled off the production line last week; woodwork was immaculate, as was the bluing and bore (don't think I've ever seen a brighter and shinier bore on an ex-mil rifle). The bolt-face was also immaculate and unmarked, and compared to my re-furbed 91/30 the bolt was quite stiff in it's travel and removal from the action (not so much in opening or closing though) suggesting much tighter tolerances than perhaps the Russian/Comm-bloc rifles are machined to. When I dry-fired it (well, pulled the trigger on the half-closed bolt to gently de-cock it) the trigger was certainly not as heavy nor had anywhere as much creep as I'm accustomed to on Soviet Mosins.

One thing that did strike me was the weight of the rifle, as it was far heavier than any 91/30s I've ever handled (felt about the same weight or slightly heavier than my target-barreled No4) which I'm guessing is down to the heavy B-barrel and heavy hardwood stock (which was quite dark in colour and appeared to be unoiled as it had a flat dull appearance). I didn't notice any obvious import markings, however there was the dab of red paint on the left-hand side of receiver to denote the safe/fire position so I don't know how this would stack up with the owner's claim that the rifle was originally purchased "in the grease", unless the importers open the wrapper, clear a small area and install the mark?

All in all it was a beautiful example of an ex-mil rifle and I was tempted for a moment or two to put money down on it there and there. The only problem is that I like to shoot all my firearms on a regular basis, and I don't know if I could ever bring myself to put any rounds down that pristine barrel (and certainly not corrosive milsurp!). To be honest, if it was $1500 or under I probably might have seriously considered it however at 2 grand, ...

Lawrance Ordnance had about a dozen or so unissued m/39 rifles of various types including 'B' barrels, VKT and late construction about 2 years ago for about $1,250 from memory. They were ex-US and were import marked (but the import marking wasn't too noticable). Some had original slings and I think all had cleaning rods.

From that, $1,990 is a hell of a jump...
    Member of the Aunty Jack Firearm Appreciation Society - "Now be a good little Aussie and learn how to shoot or I'll rip your bloody arms off......and I will too!"

"Have you tried unloading it then reloading it?" - Roy Trenneman on fixing firearm problems

Comment

C96 Trading also had unissued M39s still in grease at one time...and I think there were a bit over the 2 grand mark

http://www.c96trading.com/

Comment

• Dreadnought1
        Dreadnought1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Originally posted by zhuk" post=25964
        C96 Trading also had unissued M39s still in grease at one time...and I think there were a bit over the 2 grand mark

http://www.c96trading.com/
        I'd seen these on his website but they were always listed as 'Price on Application' and I never managed to get through on the phone so I never knew how much they were asking.

If you are lucky, the older refurb imports can be found for ~$800+.(haven't seen any lately) and the recent 'unissued' imports ex-Lawrance were still in the $1200 the last few I saw on the market.

Comment

From memory yeah I think they were 'B' barrels, Capt. The proprietor of C96 is a member of my club, and I had a shot of his M39 once.

Would definately shoot one if I could ever afford to buy it

Comment

Working...
        X