Polish Mausers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polish Mausers?

Hey folks, just wondering if anybody here owns a Polish Mauser of any model? I've searched for a fair while, but I've never spotted one in the flesh, or online for that matter. I'd like to acquire one in future, as my Great-grandfather likely would've carried one during his service. Do they ever show up on the market?

Swedish, Chilean, Turkish, Spanish, Belgian, Colombian, Israeli yes. Can't say I've ever seen a Polish one (Wz.29) owned or offered here either, Sam.

Can only wish you luck in eventually turning one up!

Ps: Don't look at Gunbroker

Comment

SovSam,
      I thought you'd be after a Polish Wz 91/98/25....
      Rear half looks like a Mosin Nagant while the front half looks like a Mauser (with its 'H'-bar bayonet lug)....and it's in 8mm...

Polish Wz 91/98/25 on 7.62x54R.net
      Member of the Aunty Jack Firearm Appreciation Society - "Now be a good little Aussie and learn how to shoot or I'll rip your bloody arms off......and I will too!"

"Have you tried unloading it then reloading it?" - Roy Trenneman on fixing firearm problems

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Originally posted by Dreadnought1" post=24354
        SovSam,
        Rear half looks like a Mosin Nagant while the front half looks like a Mauser (with its 'H'-bar bayonet lug)....and it's in 8mm...

Drool...

• TheSovietSamurai
        TheSovietSamurai commented
        Editing a comment
        Originally posted by Dreadnought1" post=24354
        SovSam,

I'll always be keeping an eye out of course, but if I can't even find a Polish Mauser, I'd have no hope in hell in finding one of those, I haven't even seen any in the states
        Either way, my G-Grandfather joined the forces in 1937. I believe they were using the Wz29 and K98az at that time?
        I think somebody told me one showed up at the Melbourne militaria show earlier this year, although I missed it unfortunately, I guess the militaria shows are my best bet.

I once had a 1937(?) WZ.29 Radom which subsequently went over to 'new management' where it acquired Steyr parts or markings. It had a red laminate stock. It was acquired in a fit of enthusiasm but it's long gone now. I sold it during the great '97 fire sale. Mausers in general have never been an attraction, so I can't even remember any details.

In short, they are 'out there'.

Comment

Yeah have got a couple of friends keeping an eye out for one myself , Have to find one after seeing the SABATON song 40 to 1 on youtube. Sorry don't know how to do the linky stuff.

Comment

You mean this?

Comment

Yep how cool is that

Comment

It has taken me over 25 years of collecting to acquire
              A Radom K98 rifle
              A Radom WZ29
              A Radom K29
              A sporterised WZ29 action which has been built into a custom rifle in 8x57
              A sporterised Radom k98 action which one day will become a custom sporter in 9.3x57
              I have been fortunate in that none of them have any nazi markings making them all the more rare however only one has a numbers matching barrel and except for the sporterized WZ29 (makes me cry) they all have mismatched bolts and other parts.
              I see sporters based on Radom actions offered for sale on the various web sites from time to time, possibly 2 in the last year, but they now hold no interest for me.
              They are rare in Australia, with or without nazi markings. They seem to be somewhat more common in the US with one or more on offer on Gunbroker any time I look.
              If you really want one then that is the place to look if you can handle the costs of importing one.
              A little known junk fact is that Roy Weatherby in his early gunsmithing days used Radom actions extensively for his magnumised sporters.
              Good luck with your search. In the end persistence gets rewarded with results. A word of advice - when one that you like appears don't dither, go for it.

Comment

• TheSovietSamurai
                Editing a comment
                Originally posted by Straightshooter" post=27902
                It has taken me over 25 years of collecting to acquire
                A Radom K98 rifle
                A Radom WZ29
                A Radom K29
                A sporterised WZ29 action which has been built into a custom rifle in 8x57
                A sporterised Radom k98 action which one day will become a custom sporter in 9.3x57
                I have been fortunate in that none of them have any nazi markings making them all the more rare however only one has a numbers matching barrel and except for the sporterized WZ29 (makes me cry) they all have mismatched bolts and other parts.
                I see sporters based on Radom actions offered for sale on the various web sites from time to time, possibly 2 in the last year, but they now hold no interest for me.
                They are rare in Australia, with or without nazi markings. They seem to be somewhat more common in the US with one or more on offer on Gunbroker any time I look.
                If you really want one then that is the place to look if you can handle the costs of importing one.
                A little known junk fact is that Roy Weatherby in his early gunsmithing days used Radom actions extensively for his magnumised sporters.
                Good luck with your search. In the end persistence gets rewarded with results. A word of advice - when one that you like appears don't dither, go for it.
                Thanks for the info! I wish I'd looked a little further at the militaria show, I had no idea they were so hard to come by. Has anybody ever imported rifles from the U.S, or purchased from Gunbroker? I'd be more than willing to pay what I must to get the job done, but what exactly does it involve? I'd sure love something like this: http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=375483153#PIC

Have a look on the web site
              http://www.collectiblefirearms.com
              and click on mauser rifles.
              I think this dealer exports from the US.
              Another possibility is Shooters Warehouse in Canberra. I believe they are operating an import service via a US agent and may be able to buy for you from gunbroker.
              Good luck.

Comment

• TheSovietSamurai
                Editing a comment
                Originally posted by Straightshooter" post=28249
                Another possibility is Shooters Warehouse in Canberra. I believe they are operating an import service via a US agent and may be able to buy for you from gunbroker.
                Good luck.
                Thanks, I'll definitely look into it.
                Does Shooters Warehouse also have a website? I can't seem to find them.

Guest commented
                Editing a comment
                Originally posted by Straightshooter" post=28249
                Good luck.

Interesting site. Just looked up bayonets and at the prices compared to locals

Regarding the Polish Wz 91/98/25 discussed in an earlier post.
              The history of these rifles is interesting but chances are you will never see one.
              After WW1 when Poland regained its sovereignty it was almost immediately attacked by the now Soviet Russia which in spite of the new regime had lost none of its rapaciousness. Their attitude being 'we stole that land fair and square' so it still belongs to us. Poland managed to turn almost certain defeat into a major victory (google Miracle on the Vistula) and in the settlement recovered a large amount of territory and military material.
              Owing to it's geographic location between two rapacious neighbours the imperative in Poland was to establish and equip a modern military without delay. Also due to it's impoverished state this was done in any way possible. So that is why those Mosins were converted to the standard Polish caliber 8x57 and and modified to be similar to the then standard rifle. Once substantial production got underway in Poland then many of the earlier put together rifles were sold off to other countries.
              I don't know what became of the modified Mosins and even so there weren't all that many to start with.

Comment

• TheSovietSamurai
                Editing a comment
                Originally posted by Straightshooter" post=28299
                Regarding the Polish Wz 91/98/25 discussed in an earlier post.
                The history of these rifles is interesting but chances are you will never see one.
                After WW1 when Poland regained its sovereignty it was almost immediately attacked by the now Soviet Russia which in spite of the new regime had lost none of its rapaciousness. Their attitude being 'we stole that land fair and square' so it still belongs to us. Poland managed to turn almost certain defeat into a major victory (google Miracle on the Vistula) and in the settlement recovered a large amount of territory and military material.
                Owing to it's geographic location between two rapacious neighbours the imperative in Poland was to establish and equip a modern military without delay. Also due to it's impoverished state this was done in any way possible. So that is why those Mosins were converted to the standard Polish caliber 8x57 and and modified to be similar to the then standard rifle. Once substantial production got underway in Poland then many of the earlier put together rifles were sold off to other countries.
                I don't know what became of the modified Mosins and even so there weren't all that many to start with.
                I did spot a few on that site, unfortunately I couldn't possibly afford $3750 +shipping (At the moment at least :P ) but that sure would be a crown jewel in my Mosin collection.

Has anybody spotted any of these over the past year. I'm still looking :S

Comment

Guest commented
                Editing a comment
                https://sites.google.com/site/1932radomwz29mauserforsale/home

just seen this mate dont know if you have seen it. its in the states so dont know how easy it would be to get over

Sweet good score.

Comment

I'd say that's SovSam's Wz48...or his dad's...

...Didn't know you had one of them, SovSam!
                Member of the Aunty Jack Firearm Appreciation Society - "Now be a good little Aussie and learn how to shoot or I'll rip your bloody arms off......and I will too!"

"Have you tried unloading it then reloading it?" - Roy Trenneman on fixing firearm problems

Comment

• TheSovietSamurai
                  Editing a comment
                  Originally posted by Dreadnought1" post=157416
                  I'd say that's SovSam's Wz48...or his dad's...

...Didn't know you had one of them, SovSam!
                  Yeah, that one's mine, had it a fair while :P Trying to consolidate the collection a bit.
                  I do enjoy the .22's but I'd like to focus on centrefire for the moment.
              Working...
              X