Mosin 10-round mag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mosin 10-round mag

Hey guys, came across this on youtube & looked interesting; seems to simply clip onto the Mosin's magazine housing once the existing floorplate with spring & follower assembly attached is first unhooked and removed. Would certainly help the Mosin keep up with the Enfields during 10-round rapids in Service Rifle matches, and turn an M38/44 into a Russian version of the Enfield No5.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVE2L-D4AUY

He wants US $140 for them. I got the update with the private video. Went with Archangel stock and detachable mags for now. But yes would love to keep original stock etc.

Comment

Originally posted by GSR" post=23855
      Hey guys, came across this on youtube & looked interesting; seems to simply clip onto the Mosin's magazine housing once the existing floorplate with spring & follower assembly attached is first unhooked and removed. Would certainly help the Mosin keep up with the Enfields during 10-round rapids in Service Rifle matches, and turn an M38/44 into a Russian version of the Enfield No5.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVE2L-D4AUY
      can't imagine the service rifle rules would allow such a mod, might be good for hunting guns though but at $140 US + shipping you could probably just buy anothe mosin :P

steve

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quazr1V1Olc

also interesting from the same guy

steve

Comment

Muzzle brake kind of defeats the purpose of its (sometimes masochistic) explosiveness lol

Decided to keep this out of 'Collectors' as a non-spec detail, unless otherwise advised.

And yeah the mag would not be allowed in competition :P

Comment

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah, was only joking about using it for Service Rifle (though I spotted one of the old guys at a Service shoot with a repro 20-round trench mag fitted to his K9. Would still be good for scrub-hunting with the M44 though; have on several occasions used the best part of all 10 rounds in the mag on my Ruger when I'm in the thick of it with a big mob of goats or pigs.

Would be definatelly handy on pigs/goats. Have only seen them (not hunted) on my cousin's property, yeah they can move when they want to lol

Comment

• Dreadnought1
            Dreadnought1 commented
            Editing a comment
            Originally posted by zhuk" post=23909
            Would be definatelly handy on pigs/goats. Have only seen them (not hunted) on my cousin's property, yeah they can move when they want to lol
            Bet ya they can't outrun a 7.62x54R 150grn SP... :lol:

Touché :lol:

Comment

It kills me to think that anyone would want to shoot 10 rounds from a Moist Nugget

Duty calls

DocHP

Comment

They're not that bad to shoot!
              The recoil on a 91/30 is quite mild to say the least...
              Member of the Aunty Jack Firearm Appreciation Society - "Now be a good little Aussie and learn how to shoot or I'll rip your bloody arms off......and I will too!"

"Have you tried unloading it then reloading it?" - Roy Trenneman on fixing firearm problems

Comment

My deformed right collarbone aside lol No its not that bad

You should try the M-44 sometime

Funny but I enjoy the kick of the carbine more...even though @ around 55kg it rocks me right back :lol:

Comment

• Dreadnought1
                  Dreadnought1 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  In order of recoil of my Mosins from least to most, the m/39 (due to weight and stock configuration) has the least, the M91/30 is next and the M1944 carbines are - as a friend of mine stated - 'flaming cannons'...

Guest commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Originally posted by zhuk" post=24423
                  My deformed right collarbone aside lol No its not that bad

You should try the M-44 sometime

Funny but I enjoy the kick of the carbine more...even though @ around 55kg it rocks me right back :lol:
                  Yeah, if any firearm in history was ever screaming out for a muzzle-break it is the M44; I'm still surprised that they didn't even come with a flash-hider like the Enfield No5s of the day, because even in broad daylight the muzzle blast from those things rocks your world (as I'll soon be experiencing first-hand when my newly-acquired M44 arrives next week), let alone at night when it momentarily lights up the surrounding countryside with an eerie orange glow (see the pics from the recent forum shoot for details)...

...or those pesky anti-tank dogs...

Member of the Aunty Jack Firearm Appreciation Society - "Now be a good little Aussie and learn how to shoot or I'll rip your bloody arms off......and I will too!"

"Have you tried unloading it then reloading it?" - Roy Trenneman on fixing firearm problems

Comment

True that Dreadnought - those pooches had a nasty habit of panicking in all the shooting/shellfire and heading under their own tanks for cover..... bugger!

Comment

• Field Marshal Cinque
                    Field Marshal Cinque commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Captain Sergei Mosin and Léon Nagant have already solved the ten round mag problem. Stripper clips. Or just get another Mosin. Either is acceptable.
                    Attached Files
                Working...
                X