Carcano M1941, Fabrica Arma Terni 1942

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carcano M1941, Fabrica Arma Terni 1942

Hey everybody, I've recently locked in an M1941 Carcano, manufactured by Fabrica Arma Terni in 1942. I've spotted a few carbines in the past, but I preferred something that was a little more typical for the common infantry., the longer variants actually seem to be quite scarce here. I've heard conflicting points of view on the Carcano series of firearms, which I must admit deterred me in the past, but most of it seems to boil down to misinformation and problems with the ammunition, such as varying diameters of the 6.5x52, if it can be found. Most of the people giving the Carcano a bad rap had never even held or fired the rifle themselves, so being a lover of the Mosin, I can understand why that perspective might be incorrect! :P Either way, I thought it would be fitting to own an Italian rifle as my family witnessed the conflict in Italy firsthand, the Germans had set up camp in their village of Petrosa and also had regular supply trains and armored vehicles going through it, the Village suffered constant bombardment from Allied forces. Both the Germans and the Americans passed through the area multiple times over the course of the war. My grandfather, a boy at the time, says that he recalls witnessing a convoy of retreating German trucks and infantry get torn to pieces by strafing allied fighter planes. My Great-Grandfather Francesco Cammarano also served in the Arma dei Carabinieri, during the war. Pictured here, the photograph was taken sometime during the 1930s.

Anyway, here's the rifle itself! It looked so nice that, for the price, I just couldn't pass it up, I think it's a great addition to my collection.

Thanks for reading!

Nice looker, Samurai! Congrats, I'm sure it will be a worthy addition to your collection.

Even better that you felt a need to accquire a Carcano due to your family links. I know what you mean mate - I just knew I had to get a No.4 as my first rifle, as my father carried one during WW2 (he was in a Scottish Regt)

Comment

• TheSovietSamurai
      TheSovietSamurai commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by zhuk" post=20112
      Nice looker, Samurai! Congrats, I'm sure it will be a worthy addition to your collection.

Even better that you felt a need to accquire a Carcano due to your family links. I know what you mean mate - I just knew I had to get a No.4 as my first rifle, as my father carried one during WW2 (he was in a Scottish Regt)
      Yeah, owning a rifle with a family connection of some sort is a great feeling. The initial reason I wanted to own a Mosin was due to my ancestors in the USSR, particularly Ukraine, having lived through the war. If any of them fought, they likely carried the Mosin.. Unfortunately I know almost nothing about that side of the family, all of it was lost when my Great-grandmother was taken to Germany in 1943 to work as a maid for a German officer. On the other hand, my Great-grandfather in Poland fought in the battle of Kutno, 1939 (Before he was captured and imprisoned in a Stalag untilhe was 'released for work' on an officers farm in 1943, you can guess how he met my GGrandmother :P ). All I need now is the Karabinek wz.29 that would've accompanied him, and I'll be all set. Sadly, I think I'll be searching forever for that one

I have one to and love it you can get the Charge clips for it from used guns nice brass ones for about $10.. You can also buy the ammo for $19.50 a box of 20

Comment

LT have original Carcano slings, Finnish marked. They are M38 though

During WW2 Finland received the M38 Carcano for military use. These slings are SA marked for Finnish Army use.

https://www.libertytreecollectors.co...09&idcategory=

Comment

Working...
      X