F class/ F open rules about front rests question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F class/ F open rules about front rests question

I'm making some feet for my front rest and remembered hearing someone mention about spikes and their length being limited to 2" or something.

Is this a rule at NRAA level and if so what are the measurements? Or is this a local rule at your range?

Appreciate your answers.

Steve

Yes, it is 50mm, it is a rule under the SSR,s (Standard Shooting Rules) controlled by the NRAA, fclass is usually shot under this in Australia, not ICFRA rules.

I will say this however. The international sport is FTR usually shot under ICFRA, which is not widely supported in Australia, the rules are quire different.

Comment

The NRAA site has the rules listed under the publications button.

Comment

The link i found for the nraa ssr's is broken http://www.nraa.com.au/pubs/SSRs.pdf and the ICFRA rules don't mention rests from what I can find in my phone.

Thanks for the answers fellas, I'll make my feet today at 49mm and post some pics and details if anyone is interested

Steve

Comment

20.2.4 An unattached front rest must use either a sandbag or the shooter’s
          forward hand as the only contact with the rifle. The area of contact
          between the front bag and the underside of the rifle fore-end may not
          exceed 76.2mm wide x 76.2mm long. It may have up to 3 spikes which
          can be pressed into the ground up to 50mm, unless the use of spikes is
          prohibited by local conditions.

Found this and got the young feller to paste it for me.

Comment

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            thanks mate, another mate sent me a link to the full SSR's

http://www.nraa.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/SSRs-July-2013-vers-2b.pdf

looking around online there are many pics but none of them are near 50mm, i suppose it really depends how hard the ground is at your local range. i'm also making some feet for benchrest without the spikes

steve

Originally posted by Needbiggertargets" post=32143
            20.2.4 An unattached front rest must use either a sandbag or the shooter’s
            forward hand as the only contact with the rifle. The area of contact
            between the front bag and the underside of the rifle fore-end may not
            exceed 76.2mm wide x 76.2mm long. It may have up to 3 spikes which
            can be pressed into the ground up to 50mm, unless the use of spikes is
            prohibited by local conditions.

Found this and got the young feller to paste it for me.
        Working...
        X