rest idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rest idea

So I dont benchrest or anything yet - but what do people think of using high impact poly styrene as a rest of some sort? Im talking about the stuff that bike helmets are made out of. Strong, lightweight and weather proof. I get the stuff made all the time at work and am thinking of making custom rests with it if there is a demand.

Trouble is it might blow away on a windy day if you took the rifle off it. How are you going to adjust elevation on the rest. Think I would stick to the normal rests if I did bench rest....which I don't.
    I'm in love with Jennifer Hawkins and Alessandra Ambrosio

Comment

Originally posted by archangel" post=21225
      So I dont benchrest or anything yet - but what do people think of using high impact poly styrene as a rest of some sort? Im talking about the stuff that bike helmets are made out of. Strong, lightweight and weather proof. I get the stuff made all the time at work and am thinking of making custom rests with it if there is a demand.
      You should knock one up and take some photos, so that others can get an idea of what you have in mind.

Comment

you mean like this?

for you this kind of rest may be an improvement on what you currently use but for most this kind or rest is a step backward. not a problem if you're simply checking zero on you're hunting gun but for competition, even at club level you'll be competing against rests like this:

steve

Comment

Working...
        X