541 new shooters, 11,800 shots fired - and a lot of smiles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 541 new shooters, 11,800 shots fired - and a lot of smiles

541 new shooters came down to St Marys Indoor Shooting Centre on Saturday October 12th, the vast majority to Try Shooting for the very first time.

It was a fantastic day, and I think we've hooked quite a few new shooters - who were already asking how they can get involved. Quite a lot of juniors also expressed an interest in joining the Junior Development Program run at St Marys.

More than 50 volunteers helped us out on the day in a variety of roles - from filling out P650s, to rifle and pistol instructors, to talking to people about the Firearms Museum and the day ran very smoothly because of their efforts so a big thank you to them all.

We also need a huge thank you to Nioa for donating all the ammunition used on the day!!

Here's a link to some of the photos - please note these are on Facebook, so you'll need to have an account. https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.590215347705177.1073741833.187910937935622&type=1

Nice work to all that where involved.

Comment

Good to hear.

And if only the various ranges will stop being closed by FAR then everyone will be happy.

Comment

• .357sig
        .357sig commented
        Editing a comment
        Originally posted by TheOtherLeft" post=14524
        Good to hear.

And if only the various ranges will stop being closed by FAR then everyone will be happy.
        Pretty soon indoor ranges will be all we have

Well done, Tim. Great to see potential new shooters getting the chance to try it out.

Regards
      Paul D

Comment

Excelent News for the sport. More people getting involved.

Imagine if there were 500 new shooters that joined SSAA at every range around Australia

It would be good if more ranges did this

Comment

• PWD
          PWD commented
          Editing a comment
          There's another "Try Shooting" day coming up soon on Saturday 26th October. It's at the Shooting Academy Club in Auburn.
          More info here - http://www.shootingacademy.com/
          Only happens once per year, so come early!

Regards
          Paul D

wow thats amazing well done!!!!
        "shoot straight shoot quick"
        Coonan 357 Magnum semi Auto- like shooting a laser!!!!!

Comment

Great work. Well done!

Comment

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            Wow, that is incredible and a huge response! It sounds like it would have been really crowded - no upper limit on attendees I assume?

541 new shooters in a single day is a huge turnout !

Were their any other media there present covering the event , other then SSAA media ?
          A truly strong person does not need the approval of others any more than a lion needs the approval of sheep.

Vernon Howard .

Comment

The bloke in the bottom left pic looks pretty happy....don't know why!
            I'm in love with Jennifer Hawkins and Alessandra Ambrosio

Comment

Originally posted by Tim SSAA NSW" post=14516
              541 new shooters came down to St Marys Indoor Shooting Centre on Saturday October 12th, the vast majority to Try Shooting for the very first time.
              Excellent -- that's an impressive number.

It's great to see events like this, where the shooting fraternity opens its doors to newcomers to introduce them to a safe and very enjoyable sport/hobby.

Well done to everyone who was involved and made it happen.

Hopefully there'll be lots of new people joining the ranks.

Comment

That great to hear - with so much negative publicity generated a story like this helps our sport grow. Big thanks to NIOA for supporting the event. It will be events like this that will help educate the public on the facts about guns and their place in the community.

Comment

Tim a good Day and great Photographs, and the link worked fine even though I do not have a Face Book account, guess it was a 'Glamour 'shoot in more ways than one, the number of Women who tried and the interest, enjoyment and ability shown by them on the day makes one ask have the shooting sports been neglecting them for too long?

Comment

I took my 12 year old daughter down for a shot. The queues were massive ! (which was expected). It was definitely a good day. Due to the lines we both lined up for a pistol shoot as my daughter hadn't fired a pistol before and it helped take the edge off my wait till I go for my pistol safe handling course in mid December. The kid is now a SSAA member and I just need to book her in for the rifle safe handling then I will have her all licences up too.
                    Good work to all involved on the day.

Comment

I personally love shooting guns indoors. the only thing better would be shooting guns in the house
                      but seriously I hope we see more of this sort of thing. It would be great if we could get 500 people at other clubs for this nubee shoot day. I just love seeing people new to the guns pull the trigger for the first time (that look they get) and realize that its just wood/plastic and metal, and darn it ITS FUN! love you work mate keep it up.
                      "He got the whole nine yards" - as it happens World War II (1939–1945) aircraft machine gun belts (US 50 cal) were nine yards long.

Comment

That's a great bit of news...

Good to see more people trying out shooting despite the efforts of the antis to bag us whereever possible!
                        Member of the Aunty Jack Firearm Appreciation Society - "Now be a good little Aussie and learn how to shoot or I'll rip your bloody arms off......and I will too!"

"Have you tried unloading it then reloading it?" - Roy Trenneman on fixing firearm problems

Comment

Working...
                        X