SSAA eagle park

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SSAA eagle park

Does anyone know what kind of targets are aloud at Eagle park/ Little River? for example; do they allow steel gongs?

I think there is a permanent gong set at 300 metres.

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by susanwest" post=6251
      I think there is a permanent gong set at 300 metres.
      They have a couple right up the back I believe, was just wondering what they allow you to bring yourself, I have seen people with steel spinner targets there,

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      There are gongs at 500 metres that are for all to use. If you want to take your own you might want to contact them before going or talk to the RO. Paper targets are either your own or you can buy frames and targets from the shop. I use a converted construction sign that just sits on the ground. If you use their frames take a hammer and someway of attaching paper to them.
      Have fun

You can take your own gongs. I had a brief chat there with a guy returning some rather messed up mild steel examples to his car last Sunday.

Judging from what I've seen put out to poke holes in over the last few visits you can take about anything.
    In reflection, the above is probably untrue, but I've seen a wide range of passive target sizes and types used there.

Clay thrower? No idea, I've only used the rifle range so far.

Comment

Cheers fella's, I was looking at getting a gong from this crew: http://www.stsonline.com.au/300mRound.html amd was hoping to use it at little river.
      not sure how I will make a stand for it yet though... :S

Comment

Hey, the clay target thrower is available to everyone whenever the range is open.
        You can bring your own gongs but check with the RO before placing out.
        Only the 300 mtr gong is maintained by the range, all others are supplied by individuals. The 2 at 500m are mine (400mm and 200mm squares). They're just 12mm mild steel plate welded to some star pickets. They wont last forever but at least gives everyone something to shoot at on weekends when you can't go out past 300m.

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          Originally posted by Jarrod Robertson" post=6556
          Hey, the clay target thrower is available to everyone whenever the range is open.
          You can bring your own gongs but check with the RO before placing out.
          Only the 300 mtr gong is maintained by the range, all others are supplied by individuals. The 2 at 500m are mine (400mm and 200mm squares). They're just 12mm mild steel plate welded to some star pickets. They wont last forever but at least gives everyone something to shoot at on weekends when you can't go out past 300m.
          So it is you I have to thank haha. those ones at 500 are great. the one at 330 never seems to last a day before the welds break.

Metal gongs....500m ranges....hell next you'll be saying you can shoot Boys anti-tank rifles in VIC....oh wait Lol

Comment

• Dreadnought1
          Dreadnought1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Originally posted by zhuk" post=6805
          Metal gongs....500m ranges....hell next you'll be saying you can shoot Boys anti-tank rifles in VIC....oh wait Lol
          We'd better not mention that we can fill our magazines and even shoot with fixed bayonets...

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          Holy snapping duck shit, we can shoot elephant guns I'm Victoria?

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          Originally posted by zhuk" post=6805
          Ive had a go on the boys tank gun. MAD!!!!

Eagle Park is pretty awesome, I'm just lucky it's my local range.
        I'm planning on being there some time on Monday (Not sure if morning or Arvo yet...) Can always get a bench, and the RO's are pleasant to deal with. (i.e. they are not power nazis, and are really helpful)

Anyone else shoot there on Mondays? it might become a semi regular thing for me.

Col

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          Originally posted by Big_Col" post=7012
          Eagle Park is pretty awesome, I'm just lucky it's my local range.
          I'm planning on being there some time on Monday (Not sure if morning or Arvo yet...) Can always get a bench, and the RO's are pleasant to deal with. (i.e. they are not power nazis, and are really helpful)

Anyone else shoot there on Mondays? it might become a semi regular thing for me.

Col
          They are definitely the nicest RO'S I have come across, one even helped me break into my car after I locked My keys in the trunk...
          I might be making an appearance one Monday, I imagine it's pretty quiet on weekdays?

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          yes modays is the days i go there i normaly shoot my 303 or nagant

Fridays and Mondays are great...If the weather's good, you still get a reasonable number of attendees but it's not packed to the gunwales...
        Member of the Aunty Jack Firearm Appreciation Society - "Now be a good little Aussie and learn how to shoot or I'll rip your bloody arms off......and I will too!"

"Have you tried unloading it then reloading it?" - Roy Trenneman on fixing firearm problems

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          Jeez that Sunday 2 weeks ago, the weather was perfect and the range was COMPLETELY full at 9.30 AM.
          RO's are fantastic, Especially rob.
          Ill be there playing with my new guns on sunday.
          Just need to get in right on opening to secure a bench.
          And as others have said the gongs are allowed at 50m rimfire and 100m centrefire. Or at least that's what a RO told me.

To the shot gunners where is this clay thrower located, i just bought myself a miroku mk70 and i really wanna shoot it lol.

Cheers

Got down there on Friday and had perfect weather all day, maybe 20 people floating around, plenty of space to yourself, could not have asked for more.

Comment

Just wanted to show you guys why it's called "Eagle Park'.

http://goo.gl/maps/zh5N7

Comment

Anyone heading down tomorrow?

Comment

• M77
              M77 commented
              Editing a comment
              Id love to head out there . Currently waiting on a scope rail
          Working...
          X