Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Penfield Pistol, Rifle and Archery Club

Hi...

This is a lovely little Club that is out of the way tucked in what now is an industrial area. It was once part of DSTO and now is part of the Penfield Sporting Association.

They .shoot .22 rifle atleast once a weekend,as well as pistol. They also open on Monday and Wednesday nights for air pistol and air rifle. The ranges are 90m, 50m, 25m and 10m. Archery is on Sundays. There is also a session on Wednesday mornings.

The fees are not all that dear but they do not cater for the casual shooter. However if you are intrested in shooting they should atleast be a port of call.

The range is north of Adelaide, almost tucked in between Elizabeth and Salisbury and is very close to public transport. They are just of Woomera Road in Edinburgh Park.

Bias...me, yep...love the Club.

Paul

Click image for larger version

Name:	PPRAC.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	37.7 KB
ID:	19440

This is the Logo

I can vouch for this club, good base for ISSF Olympic stlye shooting, great air range 20 bays,

Comment

I have been invited to shoot rimfire benchrest there a couple of times, and have found it to be a very friendly Club.
      They turn on a mean Bar BQ too!
      Facilities are old but good, and it's not too far to drive from the city.

Brendan Atkinson

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Originally posted by acko13" post=23223
        I have been invited to shoot rimfire benchrest there a couple of times, and have found it to be a very friendly Club.
        They turn on a mean Bar BQ too!
        Facilities are old but good, and it's not too far to drive from the city.

Brendan Atkinson
        Hi...

A lot of money has been spent on the ranges and the clubrooms since you were last out holding a "masterclass" . Much improved.

Paul

Obviously I'm not very observant! Have driven past iy a hundred times and never noticed it. Would be very interested in checking it out one day in the near future.

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi...

It is a range well worth the visit. I would suggest that either a Monday night from 7, or a Wednesday night from 7 as well is a good time to visit. You will be able to see the Air Range and live ranges in action.

The best person to ask for is Adam Davies, he is the current Membership Officer. If you like after looking around you can have a bit of a shoot for free....the first night is always free......but after that you have to pay.

May even see you there.

Paul
    Working...
    X