Rocksberg ssaa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rocksberg ssaa

Hey guys, just a heads up for the range in the Caboolture area. It's about 11,7k's along Caboolture River rd, from the Intersection in front of Morayfeild shopping center. We're not open every weekend so check the calendar. There's also contact numbers on the bottom of the calendar.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0296.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	23.3 KB
ID:	18973

The range is still waiting for full approval from council so the benchs are only temporary and there is no shade on the firing line. You are welcome to bring your own gazebos as long as you don't mind sharing. You can load and fire full magazines and shoot prone or standing as well as using the bench from both the 50 and the 100m ranges. We don't have any power out there yet, but we do have a porta-loo and cold drinks. I think there is a bbq on most days now for lunch as well. NO EFPOS or ammo, so byo on both.

Comment

scottmatt thanks for letting us know...

Comment

More info for Rocksberg.

S.S.A.A. Rocksberg Branch Inc. (link)

Branch Number: Q61

Range Location (map)

"Lylanne South Devon Stud" 1204 Caboolture River Road Rocksberg.
        Travel 11.7 klms from cnr. of Caboolture River Road and Morayfield Road.

Number 1204 on post on left hand side of road.
        SSAA Rocksberg sign on fence on meet days.

Thanks...

Comment

I forgot to mention that if it's raining at all, don't bother coming because the dirt road in gets very slippery and there's a steep hill in the middle that you won't get up unless you have a 4x4. Which means the range will be closed if it's raining.

Comment

The DA process is underway but to ensure no complaints during the assessment the owners asked that no shooting for the next month.

TOMEMBERS2.pdf

Comment

Bugger. I was all set for a big weekend.
              Never mind.... a smooth DA process is more important.

Comment

Anyone have any news on how they are going?

I would love to get out to Rocksberg again!

Comment

Guest commented
                  Editing a comment
                  the november dates for the 2nd weekend are a tues and wednesday? 19-20? should they be 16 and 17th?

Having been reading the press coverage of the development application. Hope things are going well and the complaints have have addressed.

Comment

I would love to know if the range is open this weekend. I have been putting off shooting because I have been building a fence and this is the only weekend I have free before Christmas.
                  Formally know as 462......

Comment

Guys I dont know if it is open yet as they had to restart the DA process and the owners requested no shooting until further notice ie the DA was sorted. I haven't had anything to say it is open and at this stage the DA will still be ongoing. I couldn't attend the AGM on the 27th but as the DA was advertised on 23rd Oct I would say Nov is non starter for days on the range.

Comment

That's unfortunate. Let us know if you hear anything for sure.

Comment

not open again this year,
                        there will be monthly meetings on the property but dont bring any firearms as there will be no shooting.

email the club for info of the meetings

if you want any extra info email them and ask or go to the meetings

Comment

Mudlark commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Where did you hear this friend??

Originally posted by todd_86" post=26557
                          not open again this year,
                          there will be monthly meetings on the property but dont bring any firearms as there will be no shooting.

email the club for info of the meetings

if you want any extra info email them and ask or go to the meetings

Thats in the email from the secretary but they are wanting not to have info or such widely distributed whilst the DA is till going through. There are meetings on the range for updates and catch ups but definitely no shooting.

Comment

Does anyone know how Rocksberg is going?

Comment

Working...
                          X