Extra Metallic Silhouette Shoots @ Silverdale Range.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extra Metallic Silhouette Shoots @ Silverdale Range.

It is with pleasure that I announce further scheduled Metallic Silhouette shoots at Silverdale.

After consultation with the Acting Range Manager I can advised that we have been able to fit in another weekend day for Silhouette. From now onwards Metallic Silhouette will be shot on the second Saturday of each month as well as the already scheduled fourth Sunday.

We have also implemented that approved users of the equipment are able to utilise the Silhouette on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday each week by booking in advance. To become accredited as a user for practise during the week, you will need to attend the range on a 4th Sunday with the organisers and satisfy them that you understand how the equipment works etc.

That's great news. This would have to be one of my most enjoyed rifle sports !! See you up there one weekend soon.

Comment

Hey Guys

Is this for Center fire rifles or just rimfire ??

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Rimfire only.

James, This is good news, and i said so on the other forum, and i did have a whinge as well. Can you explain why we need to book and why a 2 person minimum? Lets say i book it for 9am , does that mean i have the range to myself and the 2nd person im shooting with, (you haven't mentioned that its a minimum of 2 shooters to use the silhouettes on this forum), and those who have booked after me have to wait till im finished ?
      I can understand that if we want to use the range we need to be accredited, but a 2 shooter minimum and taking bookings to use it. Come on, thats ridiculous.
      I go to Silverdale by myself as my mates are not interested in target shooting at all and they work during the day.
      We dont have to book to use the shotgun clay targets there so why with the silhouettes? And why a 2 person minimum?
      Cheers Mick

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Originally posted by michaeljp" post=8437
        James, This is good news, and i said so on the other forum, and i did have a whinge as well. Can you explain why we need to book and why a 2 person minimum? Lets say i book it for 9am , does that mean i have the range to myself and the 2nd person im shooting with, (you haven't mentioned that its a minimum of 2 shooters to use the silhouettes on this forum), and those who have booked after me have to wait till im finished ?
        I can understand that if we want to use the range we need to be accredited, but a 2 shooter minimum and taking bookings to use it. Come on, thats ridiculous.
        I go to Silverdale by myself as my mates are not interested in target shooting at all and they work during the day.
        We dont have to book to use the shotgun clay targets there so why with the silhouettes? And why a 2 person minimum?
        Cheers Mick
        Hi Michaeljp

Regarding booking, I have been advised by the range manager that you can simply turn up to the range on one of allotted days.

There is a 2 person minimum for safety reasons as the pistol/silhouette range is obstructed from the main view. This is the same rule as for Pistol club shooters who use the range. There always needs to be 2 shooters present in case of an accident on the range. Someone needs to be on hand at all times.

Another reason is that the equipment requires 2 people to set it up ready for use. The protective covers which I believe are made of sleepers require 2 people to move them off the equipment and to replace them at the end of use.

So you know, we are in the process of having a thorough WHS audit done on all our safety and operations to ensure that we comply with relevant legislation and conditions set by our insurers. We need to be seen to be doing everything we can to mitigate risk. All rules and regulations will in line with what we are advised by our WHS consultant.

Regards

James
    Working...
    X