Aberdeen Rifle Range

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aberdeen Rifle Range

After a 10 month build, Aberdeen has opened it's new range.
    The previous range finally secumbed to the encroachment of housing development after 112 years of continuous use.
    The new range is only 600yds. land being a constraining factor, but we consider ourselves extremely lucky to even have that in the current climate of closing down ranges.
    The generous landowners, Anglo Coal-Dartbrook, have given us a chance to survive and rebuild and it appears they are the only Coal Company that is not anti shooting, having allowed both pistol clubs and rifle clubs to establish in their buffer zones in both NSW and QLD.

Good the here the range is back in operation.
    Disappointing that its not as long as it once was, but a little shorter is better than not at all.

Comment

When is the range open as I would drive that far to shoot 600yrd
      This isn't rocket science guys ... it's more complicated than that, and it has aspects of the Dark Arts, And this smokeless stuff will not last

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Is this Aberdeen as in Hunter Valley?

Is it the typical Fullbore type range or a fixed firing line set up where people can shoot different distances in the one sitting?
        The reason I ask is because I'm done with going to Seaham for load testing.

Cheers, Mick.

Can some one give me the contact details for the Abeerdean rifle range and where it is. Thanks
      This isn't rocket science guys ... it's more complicated than that, and it has aspects of the Dark Arts, And this smokeless stuff will not last

Comment

Working...
      X