Who to contact about starting F-Class in Brisbane?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who to contact about starting F-Class in Brisbane?

Sorry if the is the wrong section and please feel free to move it if somewhere else suits better.

I'm interesting in learning about and becoming involved in Long range target shooting. Being totally new to this type of shooting I am very willing to listen and very eager to learn I'm just not sure where to begin. From everything I've read so far it looks like F-Class is where I want to start but I'm not sure who to contact about getting involved. I'm very close to Belmont and have been looking over the club list on the QRA website but I'm still not sure which club I should be contacting, if anyone could point me in the right direction I would really appreciate it.

Originally posted by Shini" post=15261
    Sorry if the is the wrong section and please feel free to move it if somewhere else suits better.

I'm interesting in learning about and becoming involved in Long range target shooting. Being totally new to this type of shooting I am very willing to listen and very eager to learn I'm just not sure where to begin. From everything I've read so far it looks like F-Class is where I want to start but I'm not sure who to contact about getting involved. I'm very close to Belmont and have been looking over the club list on the QRA website but I'm still not sure which club I should be contacting, if anyone could point me in the right direction I would really appreciate it.
    I have spoken to a couple of clubs about this, though I haven't gotten around to visiting the range yet. Both the Brisbane Rifle Club and the Natives came across well, with helpful contacts who got back in a hurry. The Natives sounded like they were very focused on F-Class Standard with 308 while the BRC sounded like they were more flexible about the use of 223s for Standard and other calibres for F-Class open. I guess it depends on what you are after, personally I would just go and visit each club to see whether or not it suits you.
    "Love the bush for its own sake and you will never have an unsuccessful hunt".

Comment

This is the club I want to join. But being new to target shooting, I just haven't got there.
      http://brisbane1000yardbenchrest.com.au/index.html

Mark
      Tikka T3X 6XC
      Tikka T3X CTR 260 Rem
      Remington 788 - 6mm Rem
      Remington 788 - 222rem
      Browning Trombone .22

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Mariners is a friendly club.

Brisbane Mariners or Natives Rifle Club are the go for F-class at Belmont.. I am not a member of either but know them well and both are great clubs.

Cheers.

Comment

I belong to Brisbane RC. They are very helpful. If you want to shoot F-Standard you are restricted to 308 or 223. F-Open, which I have never shot, goes up to 8mm, I think. There is enough shooting lore in that club to sink a ship and that is just the scopies

Comment

Most of the clubs are pretty reasonable at Belmont and members simply change clubs if they feel the need.

The QRA were running CATTS (Come And Try Target Shooting) each weekend in parallel with the club shooting on Saturday's. There were members from a few clubs that volunteered their time and equipment (TR and F-Class) to assist shooters in getting started with the specific support of the QRA. You could try calling the QRA or emailing [email protected] to see if they are still running the sessions on Saturday afternoons. It is the busy season at the moment though with the QRA Queens coming up in August, so half the shooters will be playing for sheep stations after waiting for 12 months to have a crack at the title.

The QRA have an office (and a bar) on-site. If you haven't been there before, PM me and I can point the buildings out on a map for you as the site is pretty big.

Comment

Working...
          X