IPSC... rifle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IPSC... rifle?

I've done a bit of search around here, and a google of this.
    There's a couple of references to this competition around here, but I can't find any details.

So... I'm getting curious. Just what is IPSC Rifle?
    What sort of format do they run?

Is it available to participate in the Brisbane area? Where would I have to go to try it out?

Look forward to any illumination you can provide.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Forward!
    Where we are, where we belong, where we should be.

************************************************** ***************************************

This is IPSC Rifle Norway.

I doubt we would be able comply with the rules with prohibited firearms.

Although there is this Remington 7600 IPSC Pump Action Rifle.

Enjoy.

Thanks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJ7LaJ0xuAI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cw2I-mzGZvM

************************************************** ***************************************

Comment

• sirus17
      sirus17 commented
      Editing a comment
      i was also interested in this but i could not find any clubs in brisbane that do it with rifle, would be great fun and a genuine reason to own a semi! would love to do it with a 10/22 or mini14

I shoot a bit of IPSC Rifle & Shotgun and the best rifle to use is the 7615 .223. You can use this with the peep sight and shoot Standard division or with optics and comps and shoot Open. In Standard you are limited to 10 round mags but Open is anything that you can use. I've used an Aimpoint Comp M3, Trijicon RMR and Trijicon 1-4, but playing with a Sightron S111 1-7 ATM. The IPSC Rifle & Shotgun Nationals were held at Southern Vales in SA in October and the Bushranger Shoot which is a 3 gun shoot is held at Spear Creek in SA each Queens Birthday in June. Not too sure where the Nationals are being held next year but in 2015 they will be in Darwin. In the good old days we had different rifles for different stages but now you must use the same rifle configuration for the whole shoot. A marlin camp rifle in 9mm for short stage, an SKS for a bit longer ones, an AR or M14 for the longer ones and then a bolt action for the standards at really long range. It is a lot of fun. ATM only Vic, SA & NT are capable of holding a nationals due to licencing laws or range availability. Qld used to hold comps in the early days and had a few National Champs.

Regards
    jb

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by flatlina" post=38163
      I shoot a bit of IPSC Rifle & Shotgun and the best rifle to use is the 7615 .223. You can use this with the peep sight and shoot Standard division or with optics and comps and shoot Open. In Standard you are limited to 10 round mags but Open is anything that you can use. I've used an Aimpoint Comp M3, Trijicon RMR and Trijicon 1-4, but playing with a Sightron S111 1-7 ATM. The IPSC Rifle & Shotgun Nationals were held at Southern Vales in SA in October and the Bushranger Shoot which is a 3 gun shoot is held at Spear Creek in SA each Queens Birthday in June. Not too sure where the Nationals are being held next year but in 2015 they will be in Darwin. In the good old days we had different rifles for different stages but now you must use the same rifle configuration for the whole shoot. A marlin camp rifle in 9mm for short stage, an SKS for a bit longer ones, an AR or M14 for the longer ones and then a bolt action for the standards at really long range. It is a lot of fun. ATM only Vic, SA & NT are capable of holding a nationals due to licencing laws or range availability. Qld used to hold comps in the early days and had a few National Champs.

Regards
      jb
      Thanks for that info JB.

I will keep one of my 7615's fitted with the iron sights the. For standard. What PF is required for standard?

• dandexter
      dandexter commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by flatlina" post=38163
      ATM only Vic, SA & NT are capable of holding a nationals due to licencing laws or range availability. Qld used to hold comps in the early days and had a few National Champs.

Regards
      jb
      I've been really interested in doing IPSC Rifle or shotgun for a long time, but I haven't been able to find much info about it here in QLD until now.

Are there any places in QLD I could practice IPSC rifle?

Thanks input everyone!
    Sounds like an interesting match, I'd love to try out sometime where they can host it.
    I wouldn't mind trying out my Marlin 336 in such an event.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Forward!
    Where we are, where we belong, where we should be.

Comment

Fellas.

we are aware of who has been doing what on the forum and action will be taken , there is no need to follow a member around to continue the argument.

http://shootingaustralia.net/forum/australian-gun-laws/2835-ease-at-getting-a-category-c-d-firearms-licence?start=80

Comment

Any chance of us being able to start a competition on QLD?
        Always in need of just one more gun.

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          Speak to your sect coordinator as He may know what's possible up there, the biggest issue will be ranges to accommodate CF rifles and having the props that are required at those ranges. We are lucky here as our ranges is capable of holding large matches ( stage number ) but numbers are not that big in attendances. This years R/S Nationals in Adelaide only had 23 competitors and around that number the year before in Melb I think.

JWH has mostly got his wishes.

Sadly, I see hell freezing over in NSW before IPSC rifle would ever raise its head here. Pistol alone is getting "difficult" in some areas.

Enjoy it while you can in the States which allow.

Comment

• Fisch
          Fisch commented
          Editing a comment
          If you ever get the chance to try ipsc shotgun or rifle you should because they are really fun to shoot

hi there
        I can assure you IPSC Rifle shooting is alive and kicking here in SA. The club I belong to host the annual Bushranger Shoot held at Spear Creek Station on the June long weekend, next year will be the 39th year of the match
        The BRS is a non sanctioned match based on IPSC Shooting using all the safety rules etc on how to conduct the match but we use our divisional rules which are not interchangeable with the international rules. Also you do not need to be an IPSC Member to compete in the event
        If you want any info about the event , ruels tec please send me a message

rodney

Comment

Hi Rodney it was a great match, pity I can't make it next year as the 3 Gun IPSC Nationals are in Darwin on the same bloody weekend. I will be working as an RO. Did think about flying down for the Bushranger and then flying back for the Rifle & Shotgun titles.

Regards
          john b

Comment

Working...
          X