Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What belt are people using ?

What belt are people using ?

$30 Ebay "Airsoft iPSC Belt". Someone on the old forum recommended it. Works fine.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Military-Hi-Torgue-Black-1-5-Nylon-Velcro-Strap-IDPA-Airsoft-IPSC-Belt-Size-M-/121196541010?pt=AU_Hunting&hash=item1c37e07452&_uhb=1

Comment

Maybe it was me lol

I bought a $35 airsoft IPSC belt from HK, very sturdy, good thick diameter, and has performed without a single hitch for 2 years now.

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Originally posted by zhuk" post=30326
        Maybe it was me lol

I bought a $35 airsoft IPSC belt from HK, very sturdy, good thick diameter, and has performed without a single hitch for 2 years now.
        same as me although mines not had much use lately

steve

H&S belt, got it off Paul at PBA.
      Sometimes life gives you lambda points. Just chill, once the bubbling stops s'all good mate.

Brotha's got spinners!

Comment

• dansedgli
        dansedgli commented
        Editing a comment
        Double alpha for me.

Double Alpha, complete rig from DB Shooting Supplies. Best belt I've ever seen. Built by competitive shooters.

Comment

DAA here x 2
        Good thing I sandbagged the [email protected]#k out of that match or I'd be B Grade in Classic now too................

Comment

Hmm I might have to look at this airsoft belt! If they are as solid as people say and that cheap! Should be good for me to use as a IPSC starter kit~

Comment

• Zero
            Zero commented
            Editing a comment
            Originally posted by korbainethor" post=30710
            Hmm I might have to look at this airsoft belt! If they are as solid as people say and that cheap! Should be good for me to use as a IPSC starter kit~
            Its pretty hard to screw up a nylon belt, and nylon is cheap as chips these days. Really, its the stitching and the company through which the nylon is sourced that adds the extra dollars to more boutique belts. That, and the stitching quality is better but for IPSC use, who cares? Its not like you're going to suddenly have to use the belt as an emergency harness and rappel with it.

Yep they're solid alright.

Just measured the thickness of the outer belt, 8mm...not bad. And rigid which is what you want,

Comment

I don't know what other people are paying but I got my DAA for $55 from OS. I also got a holster and mag pouches at the same time (and other stuff) so postage ended up being bugger all per item.

Sure it looks like I could have saved 20 bucks getting a belt from somewhere else but that would have taken some effort...
            Good thing I sandbagged the [email protected]#k out of that match or I'd be B Grade in Classic now too................

Comment

Guest commented
              Editing a comment
              Got the airsoft belt for US$33 (AU$37) including freight.from eBay seller cqbhunter but a few sellers have them.
              Damn don't you hate it when somebody else has them for $6 cheaper, never look back

Good mid quality belt

Guest commented
              Editing a comment
              Originally posted by Matt" post=31515
              I don't know what other people are paying but I got my DAA for $55 from OS. I also got a holster and mag pouches at the same time (and other stuff) so postage ended up being bugger all per item.

Sure it looks like I could have saved 20 bucks getting a belt from somewhere else but that would have taken some effort...
              Same here. I also got an el cheapo brand belt as part of a deal when I bought a second hand gun and it is crap - flimsy and the velcro isn't holding together properly. I'd pay the extra few $ and get a decent belt.

Probably give away my age now! bought all my belts from A W Hellweg back in the days of good old leather, still got em work fine. I invested in a velcro underbelt and web belt about 5 years ago for use with Blade tech stuff.

Comment

I have used a myriad of belts and holster rigs over the years, but when it comes to the competition side, a velcro underbelt and a lined outer belt come up trumps every time.

I like the belt to snugly hold the holster, so it wont move one iota, in any direction once set up. For this reason, I run seperate belts for Auto and Revolver, as changing the holsters over, sligfhtly alters how they sit each time.

I now run CR Speed belts, but there are also other good quality belts on the market. You get what you pay for....

Comment

I'm just about to have lower back surgery. When I return to shooting, after I recover, can I legally use the "Gel Shape-shifter" belt in IPSC? I believe a number of Police Departments issue these types of belts to Officers with lower back injuries.

Click image for larger version

Name:	xfire_shapeshifterbelt.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	104.3 KB
ID:	128177

http://crossfire.com.au/shop/shapeshifter-duty-belt/

Comment

IPSC rules 5.2 Holster and other competitor equipment

Unless otherwise specified in the written stage briefing the belt carrying the holster and all allied equipment must be worn at waist level. The belt or inner belt or both must be either permanently sewn at the waist. or secured with a minimum of three belt loops attached to shorts or trousers

So yeah Moo Moo if that inner belt can be passed through at least three of your trouser belt loops, you're all good. Alternatively sew it to the pants. I don't know if dispensation can be made for avoiding that rule in case of injury though, sorry mate.

Comment

Guest commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Given your medical condition, I would seriously doubt any match director would have an issue with it's use, provided there is no distinct advantage, I can imagine none. I would still be contacting the match director out of common courtesy. You will be fine.

• Moo Moo
                    Moo Moo commented
                    Editing a comment
                    There is an inner velcro belt that comes with this belt along with some belt keepers (just not in the picture).

Regarding a medical exemption, yeah I probably should get the surgery to write out a "To Whom it may concern" letter detailing that I have a lower back injury with subsequent fusions.

DAA belt/pouches & holster direct from Netherlands.

Comment

Jesus mate, yeeouch! :/ I've had chronic back trouble since 2001 but thankfully nothing that needed fusing.

I'm sure you will be fine, the velcro insert/loops sound spot on. Good luck

Comment

Working...
                    X