NSW Steel Challenge 2013 State Titles 26-27 October

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NSW Steel Challenge 2013 State Titles 26-27 October

Who's shooting in this weekends Steel Challenge match at Blacktown Pistol Club?

I'll be there both days. Shooting a mates Sphinx in Metallic Sight Auto on Saturday and my Czechmate in Open on Sunday.

I'm looking forward to Metallic sight, despite only having put a couple of mags through this gun before, the .357 Sig major loads and the borrowed rig that I've never used before

See you there
    Good thing I sandbagged the [email protected]#k out of that match or I'd be B Grade in Classic now too................

I was going to shoot both Rimfire and Production but a long standing injury has flared up again. So, only 9mm.

Couldn't miss this comp...going to be the last held at Blacktown for quite some time I would imagine. And enjoy open air shooting, which could be a dwindling resource.

Comment

• Matt
      Matt commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by zhuk" post=19924
      Couldn't miss this comp...going to be the last held at Blacktown for quite some time I would imagine. And enjoy open air shooting, which could be a dwindling resource.
      I was only going to shoot Open on Sunday but borrowed a gun and cashed in some brownie points to do Saturday as well for this reason.
      Thanks for posting about the troubles, I would have missed it otherwise.

Was a good day today. Had fun shooting standard major loads out of a Sphinx in Met. Sight Auto. Not very successfully I might add, but it was fun anyway.

Hopefully I'll do a little better tomorrow in Open...
    Good thing I sandbagged the [email protected]#k out of that match or I'd be B Grade in Classic now too................

Comment

It was a great comp; and hopefully it will be able to continue to be shot at Blacktown, time will tell on that one.

Steel Challenge is well named as it is a definite challenge being able to shoot-on-demand under that sort of time pressure. IMO a harder thing to achieve than IPSC, which is a bit more "forgiving" in some ways.. More of a head-game too and instructive in teaching you to forget about that last (crap) string! and put everything into the next one

Comment

Yesterday was better than Saturday. It's certainly easier shooting in Open with a comp and dot (albeit still with major loads) then it is shooting in Met Sight Auto with irons and major loads, that's for sure!

Need to work on my draw, am losing 0.5-1 second there (best was a 1.3 on Smoke & Hope at the end of yesterday, but probably averaged 1.8 second).

Comment

Yeah that's - roughly - my average as well. Although I am more concerned with slowing the fk down! just a little than speeding up my draw lol

Comment

Working...
          X