Gettin re-graded

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gettin re-graded

Hi all. I went to a stic's match on sunday at AUR in Adelaide had a ball and I thought shot the best I had since starting ipsc this year, Comes time for the presentation and when they get to the open div they announce that it is going to be used as a regarding match. I have competed in 2 other matches and gotten a 2nd then 3rd and with sunday another 2nd all in D grade. Had a look at the overall results and OH SH*T im getting bumped upto B grade because of sundays 60.88%. Don't look like I will be getting a first place medallion for a while

Wouldnt see that as something to complain about, mate!

I've spent 4 years slogging just to scrape into C :lol:

Comment

no complaints, I have gone away from every stics match with a head full of what not to do and what to do next time and its been great I really enjoy it, I have to work a lot more on my speed as that's what is letting me down but that's only going to come with more shooting and I like the sound of that

Comment

• UberDouche
        UberDouche commented
        Editing a comment
        Pro tip: It took me about a minute to find out who you are based solely on where you shot the match and you're quoted percentage. I don't want to sound like a tinfoil hat wearer but you might want to be a bit more careful about your privacy online. Doesn't help when results are posted with unlimited access.

Congrats on your regrade but I'm more impressed by the C grade burglar who managed to shoot a Master Grade score Normally you would need either a GM or three or more M grade shooters for it to be a grading match so the fact there was seven Masters is a good indication of how you shoot.

Well its been suggested that that match should never have been a grading match in the first place due to he fact that it did not have the more challenging long shot stages you might expect. I tend to agree, personally thought the regrade was a little shall we say "premature" Lol

Comment

And yes I know the C grade "burglar" well lol

good description ha

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          I have to firstly say thanks to all your kindness But being that you are in another state im not sure how I know you?

I would have thought that regarding would have been done at the end of the year (I know its close) and gone on how you went over the year as you can like one place and get a good score and then drop back down on others, plus everyone could be done at the same time instead of some getting done and others not going to a match and staying where they are but are better shooters than their grade.

Comment

Yeah it does seem random in that its the luck of the draw if you get a grading or not. Was more than 2 years before I got graded at all from memory, not that I much cared lol

Comment

Congrat's on being promoted, it's recognition of your improved skills. First reaction by many IPSC shooters, when they get upgraded is often, Uh Oh now the competition is harder, but in reality it's just another incentive to keep you improving. And it's more fun when you keep improving, no matter how slow. This super senior, C grader is still improving albeit slowly, and enjoying it heaps.
            Grading is only automatic at National Championships. Other matches can qualify if there is a GM and 2 M, in your division, or if there is no GM, then at least 2 M grades who shot their grade at the last National Championships. Or if your club puts on a dedicated Grading match, using the stages in the grading system rule book.

Regards
            Paul D

Comment

Have you received official notice that that was a grading match? Not one of those Master grade shooters shot a master grade score at the nationals so there is no ways that should be a grading match. As the SC and RD need to agree whether the match was of sufficient quality, send an email to Steve/Gareth and ask them.

Comment

Guest commented
                Editing a comment
                Originally posted by whigger" post=20389
                Have you received official notice that that was a grading match? Not one of those Master grade shooters shot a master grade score at the nationals so there is no ways that should be a grading match. As the SC and RD need to agree whether the match was of sufficient quality, send an email to Steve/Gareth and ask them.
                Not holdin my breath for anything to be sent, im still waiting for an ipsc member number. Oh well people get busy lol
            Working...
            X