Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IPSC Security in NSW

Hey all,

I saw in the "Ask a question" area this morning a topic related to range closures, that Blacktown is being forced to wind up shooting IPSC. Which is a damn shame as they seemed well set up for it.

Just wondering if IPSC has a stable future in NSW....

I've replied in some more detail to that thread now taliskahn. And you are right, Blacktown had the best range setup for IPSC in NSW, at 19 ranges used simultaneously for last year's Nationals

http://shootingaustralia.net/forum/a...range-closures

I think its pretty clear that any kind of range shooting is at grave risk now - IPSC was just the most obvious target, to make a bad pun

Comment

• taliskahn
      taliskahn commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by zhuk" post=14626
      I've replied in some more detail to that thread now taliskahn.
      Hi zhuk,

Yeah Ive been following the other thread pretty closely but I thought Id get the conversation going here about the future of IPSC. Im due to do the course early next month at St Marys. Just hope it will still be relevant by then

From what I gather as long as it's at an indoor range (St Marys) then you have nothing to worry about since there's no "fallout" zone.

Comment

Yeah indoor ranges have a zero template. However at St Marys 'IPSC' can only be shot 'down the line' with no deviation either side - or so someone told me the other day. Haven't heard that confirmed from any official source however.

Comment

• taliskahn
        taliskahn commented
        Editing a comment
        Originally posted by zhuk" post=14802
        Yeah indoor ranges have a zero template. However at St Marys 'IPSC' can only be shot 'down the line' with no deviation either side - or so someone told me the other day. Haven't heard that confirmed from any official source however.
        yeah they shoot a "modified version" which still looks fun. I guess if thats safe, and a bit of travelling is required to get to a proper match well not all is lost.

That said. Seeing the likes of BTPC being shut down in regards to ipsc is really disappointing . When I was there a few months ago to have a look at ipsc, was really impressive and social. Big loss to the local shooting community and no doubt the larger community.

That's the million $ question isn't it? How many ranges are going to examined and affected in this way...Hume PC down in Albury where the State titles were held has also lost IPSC and Steel not long ago.

Considering the range guidelines as they are apparently being interpreted its really impossible to say IMO.

Comment

OK folks if I could just pour some oil on the water here.

For those of you that don't know me, my name is Jim Staader and I am the Secretary of Blacktown Pistol Club.

If everyone would like to SETTLE for a minute, I can assure you all that there are moves afoot that will effect the outcome for members of the Club and IPSC.

Things are NOT as dire as they appear to be at the moment.

The Club is NOT closed and will not be closing in the near future. Yes, there are some restrictions on us at the moment, however there are plans already in place to baffle ranges and LIMITED forms of IPSC will still be able to be shot at the range, now and into the future.

WATCH THIS SPACE (and get your information directly from the horses mouth)

Cheers
        Jimbo

Comment

• glock40sw
          glock40sw commented
          Editing a comment
          Or..
          Come to Grafton and play IPSC to your heart's desire.
          We play every other weekend with Steel Challenge inbetween..

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Jim, Thumb up!!!

Grafton hosted a great shoot, shame I can't get up there more often

Comment

• Maverick
          Maverick commented
          Editing a comment
          Originally posted by zhuk" post=15641
          Grafton hosted a great shoot, shame I can't get up there more often

************************************************** *******************************

Grafton is a long drive from your place.

Thanks...

************************************************** ********************************

Yeah, it was about 9 hrs with a rest/lunch stop :S lol

Comment

Working...
        X