Super Sundays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super Sundays

Just finished the Super Sunday conducted by Bowral Pistol Club. Great match and reminds me that Super Sundays are thin on the ground around Sydney. First one for a couple of years around here. They have a lot going for them - simpler setup which can be done on the Saturday, as most shooters are working during the week, scoring is easier and the non-shooting members of your family still get some of your time too. Any other IPSC clubs in NSW considering a Super Sunday?

Regards
    Paul D

PWD, good to see you enjoying your day out.

Thanks...

Comment

Originally posted by PWD" post=14235
      Just finished the Super Sunday conducted by Bowral Pistol Club. Great match and reminds me that Super Sundays are thin on the ground around Sydney. First one for a couple of years around here. They have a lot going for them - simpler setup which can be done on the Saturday, as most shooters are working during the week, scoring is easier and the non-shooting members of your family still get some of your time too. Any other IPSC clubs in NSW considering a Super Sunday?

Regards
      Paul D

Yeah it was crash n burn day for me at Bowral, heh

Great setup and match however even if Gary can show his "sadistic:" side sometimes...wtf a 75m standing shot? :lol:

Goes to show not everyone is a freak with a handgun like he is lol

You're right PWD there used to be the more regular Super Sundays, such as those put on my DRSLPC when it was in existence at Malabar. Alas ranges are falling like dominos in NSW (or starting to) and there will progressively be less and less ranges where IPSC can be held. Or Steel, or anything else but the static (and baffled) disciplines in future

Comment

• Maverick
        Maverick commented
        Editing a comment
        ************************************************** ************************************************

zhuk, what type of target was Gary shooting at and what pistol did he use for the 75 metre shot ???

Thanks...

************************************************** ************************************************

Originally posted by zhuk" post=14258

Yeah it was crash n burn day for me at Bowral, heh

Great setup and match however even if Gary can show his "sadistic:" side sometimes...wtf a 75m standing shot? :lol:

Goes to show not everyone is a freak with a handgun like he is lol

You're right PWD there used to be the more regular Super Sundays, such as those put on my DRSLPC when it was in existence at Malabar. Alas ranges are falling like dominos in NSW (or starting to) and there will progressively be less and less ranges where IPSC can be held. Or Steel, or anything else but the static (and baffled) disciplines in future

Whats a Super Sunday ?

Comment

• PWD
        PWD commented
        Editing a comment
        A normal IPSC interclub (open to all IPSC members) match is usually 12 stages, about 220 rounds and runs over 2 days. A Super Sunday is a shorter match over just one day with usually 6 stages and about 100 rounds. SS are good for clubs that can't dedicate two days to a competition and because they are not used for state team selection, they are a little more relaxed competition. Great for practice when there's no 2 days matches on.

Regards
        Paul D

Zhuk

How did you get the squib? Reload your own 9mm or a bad factory round?

Comment

Nah it was mine lol

I've rarely ever had them (by my own hand heh). My press has always occasionally thrown short (or somethimes no powder at all) since I got it, and I'm usually very OC about checking in each and every case before seating. Must have overlooked on this occasion

Comment

Yeah, I've only got a single stage press for rifle and pistol. It's slow but the powder fill stage is practically foolproof.

I guess one squib can ruin your whole competition shoot.

Comment

Yeah and I had two yesterday :P

Plus a rope-pull malfunction which can only be slated home to my own ineptitude :lol:

Comment

Yes it was a good day out.. Thanks to all in Squad 3 a very enjoyable match. And yes the 75yrd ? target was interesting and satisfying to score on..

Comment

Guest commented
                Editing a comment
                Down here in Vic Super Sundays when they are run tend to be open to all handgun shooters, the matches run using IPSC rules. Best way to get others into the sport

Originally posted by PWD" post=14235
              Any other IPSC clubs in NSW considering a Super Sunday?
              SSAA St Mary's Pistol Club are planning to host a Super Sunday in Q2-2014

Regards,
              Simon.
              You get to the next level by being the first one on the range and the last one to leave - Jerry Miculek.

Comment

• PWD
                PWD commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks Simon

Keep us informed, if you can. Also, if you need helpers let us know as there are plenty of IPSC shooters around Sydney who will help.

Regards
                Paul D

Guest commented
                Editing a comment
                Thats a BIG YES
                Newtec Pistol Club, that’s located in Lake Macquarie NSW
                I’m the Delegate of the club to IPSC and I’m currently for 2013-14 on the committee of IPSC NSW.
                Newtec , will be hosting a One Day Super Sunday early Feb 2014.
                This has been approved by our clubs committee and we are waiting for the official NSW IPSC club’s Calender for more other clubs upcoming dates.
                Invite to all IPSC shooters wanting to compete in this event
                Full facilities’ & canteen.
                6 Stages
                1X Long
                2X Med
                3X Short
                With awards at the end of the day.

Try and avoid the weekend of the 15/16 February if you can. That's the weekend of the VIC State Titles. The weekend before would be perfect practice for those going to VIC (although I don't know how I'm going to get away with going to SA/Newcastle/VIC all in the space of about 3 weeks )
              Good thing I sandbagged the [email protected]#k out of that match or I'd be B Grade in Classic now too................

Comment

Guest commented
                Editing a comment
                We are setting up for the Sunday Feb 2nd 2014 9am Start Cost $25.00 -TBC : 6 Stages 1 x long 32 rounds 2 x med 24 rounds 3 X 12 rounds Min round count of 116. Confirmed by Newtec Pistol Club just waiting to here back from IPSC NSW for full GO!

Super Sunday at Newtec Pistol Club Inc, on the 2nd Feb 2014 for IPSC NSW is now listed on the IPSCNSW.org website

Comment

Hey PW when will online entries be out please ?

Comment

Guest commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Entry form (PDF)

Looks good.

Be interesting if I end up going since I haven't fired a shot since Wodonga in Nov (no range to shoot at!)

And not likely to get a chance before then either lol

Comment

• Matt
                  Matt commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Woohoo!, will be entering tomorrow. This will make good practice if my cunning plan for getting a pass to the Vic Titles comes off!

Guest commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Originally posted by zhuk" post=54336
                  Looks good.

Be interesting if I end up going since I haven't fired a shot since Wodonga in Nov (no range to shoot at!)

You can always come to SIPC.....

• PWD
                  PWD commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Originally posted by zhuk" post=54336
                  Looks good.

C'mon Zhuk, you know you need to be there!!
                  Load up and get your entry in!

Regards
                  Paul D

It’s now listed on the ipscnsw.org.au
                Entry form is now active. You can do eft, that’s the best option
                Newtec has not held an IPSC match since mid 2008.
                I’m looking forward to many more at my club. I have a great team of guys that are from all trades and we have bounced ideas of each other. We extend our welcome to anyone wanting to come and watch or enter if you are an active IPSC shooter.
                We have spent many hours building new gear, repaired the old equipment, and have big plans in the future.
                Now the tease.
                It’s not ready yet but i promise that next time we will have the jumbo aircraft stage & cargo ship stage ready to go.
                In both courses of fire you will need to climb the stair case, engage the passage, then aircraft cabin door will need to be breached whilst engaging the targets partiality obscured by PT’s all so similar to the ships super structure and helm.

Comment

Working...
                X