• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warrnambool 5 Stand

For those interested and in the area

Saturday 12th October 2012
    Warrnambool Gun Club
    Lake Gillier Shooting Complex, Buckley's Rd, Allansford.
    50 target five stand
    10:00am onwards
    Open to registered and non-registered.
    Prizes? probably SFA and a pat on the back and couple of packets if your lucky... As always, the sport is the winner (I'm informed by club identities)

Quick spiel: The Old Boys at WGC have put the effort into setting up a 5 Stand to diversify activities and welcome ALL shooters to come along and try. Competition is followed by usual boring DTL stuff if grunting into a speaker and acting like a stone catches your fancy ( or you could cut your looses and go and watch for whales down the road... )

Open DTL and Skeet Practice every Wednesday from 1300hrs (Was told to come down and have a crack)

Good warm up for Sundays FGA shoot at Wickham Park, Woolstorpe. (sorry, FGA is't my bag so no info on that )

Originally posted by Win88" post=4341
    Gosh, 'Shooting Complex'......sounds rather extensive......Shotgun, Rifle & Handgun????
    Member of the Aunty Jack Firearm Appreciation Society - "Now be a good little Aussie and learn how to shoot or I'll rip your bloody arms off......and I will too!"

"Have you tried unloading it then reloading it?" - Roy Trenneman on fixing firearm problems

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by Dreadnought1" post=4630
      Originally posted by Win88" post=4341
      Gosh, 'Shooting Complex'......sounds rather extensive......Shotgun, Rifle & Handgun????
      More like a paddock

The actual Clay Target Club is pretty good set up, for memory two skeets, four down the lines and the five stand set up. Haven't been up to the rifle club so can't comment about that, Rough guess, I'd say a 1000m full bore range there. but not sure if theres any benches. Some Warrnamboolian would like to chime in with any more info? ( information is typically scarce for small country clubs ) Couldn't tell you about pistols, not my bag
Working...
X