Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bridge to Brisbane - Father's Day 2014

Happy Father's Day everyone!
    My second one, and decided to celebrate in style. After all, I suck and I hate myself

To that end, I did the ten klicks with a penalty weight of 20kg's of kit in my favourite Mystery Ranch pack - so with the expression of self loathing on my face, I wasn't too hard to spot.

My planned finish time was to be one hour and forty miniutes.
    I'm rather pleased to say I did it in 1hr 33mins. Significantly faster than I planned on. A couple of factors: in training, I don't shuffle (run), and the Good Lord saw fit provide so much eye-candy for me to ogle. Proof that there is a God, and He really does love broken old Diggers :lol:

Heart/fitness wise, average. I could do it again this afternoon, despite feeling a little bit stiff.
    But... my feet have a couple of decent blisters. The current job has me doing more sitting/standing than walking, and I haven't been toughening my feet as much.

Did anyone else go? How was it for you?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Forward!
    Where we are, where we belong, where we should be.

Well done 22F.

Sadly this year was the first year this decade I missed both B2B and the Gold Coast marathon.

Not due to work either.

Took the dogs for a run on the beach this weekend before B2B and sadly my bitch has suffered an injury while running. Unfortunately unable to put a load on her right rear leg.

Proof that exercise can cause harm without proper preparation.

Take care out there.

Comment

Ah bugger mate!
      Hopefully, the poor girl comes good.
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Forward!
      Where we are, where we belong, where we should be.

Comment

did you pay the toll on the bridge
        ONE AXLE OR TWO after the eye candy
        17mk2 annie , 22lr 1712 annie silhouette, sakoP94s ,221 fireball rem700 , 204 sako 85 hunter ,222 sako85 hunter ,223 sako85s x2 ,260r sako85 ,6.5x55sako75 ,7mmrem mag sako 85 ,308 sako 85 308 finnwol,30-06 sako85 ,375H&H sako85 ,460wm Weatherby custom ,12gsingle and double ,410 double, 17air, 22PCP

Comment

Working...
        X