Muscle injury and pain killers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Muscle injury and pain killers

Now I have to be one of the most accident prone guys around when it comes to injuring myself in non visible ways. Have a permanently screwed up knee thanks to a fracture/dislocation at paintball and my need to buck what doctors say, a permanently screwed up ankle from tripping over a office chair and a suspected damaged rotator cuff from bad form in the gym a month or so back that I am getting looked at on wednesday. Now what has idiot me done, getting into the car last night I have twisted badly and all i heard was what sounded like a rip and a pain in my side started. I am fairly sure its just a pulled muscle but due to where it is its stopping me doing much other than laying in bed or sitting at the computer, until wednesday I am stuck with not being able to see a doc so I was wondering if anyone has any idea what I could use for a decent set of pain killers pver the counter to at least let me move around.

Voltarin or panadine extra are good.
    Alternately you could score some weed and stay off your face until Wednesday.
    Not suitable for mature audiences

Comment

Good lawdy young man, sounds like you've gone done yaself a mischief there.

I'd recommend you go git yaself some PANAFEN PLUS and get plenty of REST for that tear to heal.

I'd also forget Politics for a wee while. :lol:

Comment

Bundy red

Comment

Thanks guys, I was able to sneak down the local med centre this morning and get prescribed deep heat and a ibuprofen/codeine mix until i see my actual doctor on Wednesday

Comment

• Maverick
            Maverick commented
            Editing a comment
            Originally posted by Trapper" post=840
            Thanks guys, I was able to sneak down the local med centre this morning and get prescribed deep heat and a ibuprofen/codeine mix until i see my actual doctor on Wednesday
            I thought you were Harder than that.
            Best of luck in your pain resolution.

Thanks...

• ZeroViscosity
            Zero commented
            Editing a comment
            Ibuprofen and Codine? Well shit, hows that codine going for you mate?

I'll ask a pharmacist friend of mine, see if she can provide any insight.

And I'd take AC's advice, strengthen the smaller stabilising muscles to help prevent this from happening in the future. Young bloke like you shouldn't be this banged up so easily

Harder than you old bean :P

Comment

• Maverick
            Maverick commented
            Editing a comment
            Originally posted by Trapper" post=855
            Harder than you old bean :P
            I'm old & tough like a ............

Thanks...

So here is what she had to say:

"Holy crap. Poor bastard. Well, if he's in a lot of pain there is a product called 'mersyndol' and you have to ask for it at the counter. Tell them you tried anti inflammatories but they didn't work (even if you didn't). These may make you feel a little drowsy and 'high', but they are great analgesics. If you are operating heavy machinery or don't want to feel spaced out, then try ibuprofen (nurofen) given that you aren't on warfarin. Hope that helps."
          Sometimes life gives you lambda points. Just chill, once the bubbling stops s'all good mate.

Brotha's got spinners!

Comment

Working...
          X