Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drinking Water additives for Electrolytes etc

G'Day Fella's,

I was wondering if there is a Dry concentrated additive/Electrolytes that you can carry with you (in the field), and add to the water in your water bottle?
    If this stuff is available, whats it called, and where can you purchase it from???

Looking forward to your replies!

Regards
    Homer

Originally posted by Homer" post=38882
    G'Day Fella's,

I was wondering if there is a Dry concentrated additive/Electrolytes that you can carry with you (in the field), and add to the water in your water bottle?
    If this stuff is available, whats it called, and where can you purchase it from???

Looking forward to your replies!

Regards
    Homer
    Gateraid do a powder concentrate 1 tub does 8 l for about 10 clams
    From woolies
    I use it in my camelbak and for my dogs
    Sent via pony express and mail plane

You know that moment when the steak is on the grill and your mouth waters in anticipation? Vegans feel the same after mowing the lawn.

Comment

Comment

• fishphillott
        fishphillott commented
        Editing a comment
        Originally posted by 6602steven" post=38892
        As fish said, however I tend to make it up half strength

Steve
        I buy a 15litre water bottle thingy and a gateraid tub from wollies when doing my shopping before going away

You should be able to get squencher from and workplace safety store, they do individual sachets if that's what you're after.

http://www.sqwincher.com/

Comment

• Pendous
        Pendous commented
        Editing a comment
        Originally posted by tinytim" post=38893
        You should be able to get squencher from and workplace safety store, they do individual sachets if that's what you're after.

http://www.sqwincher.com/
        This stuff is good.
        The product called Quik Stiks.
        Add it to a 600ml bottle of water.

Product Link here

I grab Hydralyte from the chemist looks like a berocca tube just drop one In a glass or water bottle and it dissolves and works awesome at rehydrating after a long hot day and is ridiculously awesome at getting rid of hangovers!

Comment

Dunno if you can still get the good old Staminade.

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          Haven't seen staminade in a while, powerade powder is pretty cheap at times, when it comes to electrolyte powders I normally get whatever is cheapest per kg, they all seem to work.

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          G'Day Fella's,

Thanks also!
          Yes indeed Chewtah, I imaging just a small amount Epsom Salts will do!!!
          I'd hate to Fart & Follow Thru out on The Hill- Doh!

Brick top, yes indeed I'll keep an eye out for some Staminade as well!!!

Merry Christmas
          Homer

Hi,

I was going to say Staminade as well... Last time I bought it, I got it from Coles in powder form. Pretty sure it's still available.

Rob.

Comment

Another vote for Hydralyte........and I agree it also doubles as an awesome hangover cure!

Comment

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            G'Day Fella's,

1960 Python, thank you for that information!
            Can I assume Natural Salt would also be Sea Salt, or does it have to be a Mineral Salt?

Merry Christmas
            Homer

staminade.

from your local supermarket in a tub that does up to 10litres

Comment

The amount of minerals in "fancy" salt is absolutely minimal & easily obtained through a proper diet. There's no difference between the cheapest salt & the fancy hippie stuff in terms of your body.

Its amazing how you can use the language...
            Refining & making something pure can be sold as "processing" and evil....
            yet in the next instance its a "pure" product which is really good....

I tried DIY stuff ages ago - went back to chemistry days & actually calculated mols & all that - flavour killed it
            These days maybe try some stevia flavoured cordial (low sugar) & mix it up using "salt reducer" which is half sodium & half potassium chloride.

Comment

WARNING
              Be careful buying EPSOM Salts
              A lot is not Medicinal grade.
              There is almost NO "Naturally sourced" EPSOM Salt( Magnesium Sulphate) sold in Australia.
              Most is manufactured industrally and unless it has been refined to Medicinal Grade contains impurities including Sulphuric ACID from which it has been manufactured
              Plus it is NOT recommended to be used Internally.
              It DOES NOT help with re-hydration.
              It is however an effective laxative.
              Or a great foot soak after a long day Hunting.
              [ul][li]Member:- SFP, SUQ, SSAA [/li]
              [li]Rimfire:- Savage MK II, FN 1926 , Liege 22Long, Win '04 , Lithgow 1B[/li]
              [li]Centrefire: - Mossberg 30-06 Sprg,270 win,Marlin 22-250[/li]
              [li]Handgun:- Ruger .357[/li]
              [li]Wishlist:- .22 Charger, 338WM[/li][/ul]

Comment

Guest commented
                Editing a comment
                G'Day Fella's,

Thank You for your advice and input, on this matter!
                I have since purchased some Himalayan Pink Rock Salt and some normal Rock Salt from Woolies!

Regards
                Homer
            Working...
            X