Home made protein powder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest commented on 's reply
    Well I went and bought some Whey Powder, some Milk powder,(full cream,they didnt have skim) Cocoa, and already had coffee grounds.

And some Staminade in the green container.

Its an improvement on tea or coffee in the morning, I just tried a plain tea and threw it down the sink. :S

I have staminade by itself but for a morning hot bev. I mix a few table spoons of milk and one whey, with either coffee or cocoa
    and its far better than a cup of plain tea or coffee (but not the flat white from the cafe

Reading all above, is the whey too high in carbs?

Skim milk powder next?

Cocoa is the main ingredient in Quik, with heaps of sugar, hence sticking to cocoa.

The health food shops have heaps of powder form foods that look interesting for their protein/vitamin/mineral content, not sure how they will taste though?

Never plain tea or coffee anymore!

• Send-it
    replied
    Thales make my protein shakes.

Leave a comment:

• THUNDERBEARD
    replied
    Protein shake but with iced coffee instead of milk is pretty sensational in the morning too

Leave a comment:

• THUNDERBEARD
    replied
    It falls off pretty quick. But you can often - not always train around injuries and arthritis. Stuff like glutamine supplements really help alot at that stage. My old man is nearly 60, an ex competitive natural body builder and still lifting weights after a lifetime of military and trade related injuries and bad joints. Doc said he's doin all the right stuff, just as you get older in particular lower the weight on pushing excersizes like shoulder press and try to do what you did when you where younger - he still looks and functions incredibly well for his age, lots of blokes in their 40's have given him the "when you get to my age" speech and he can do nothing but laugh cos he has 15 years on them. Basically keep moving as long as possible

Leave a comment:

Guest commented on 's reply
    Well something Iv noticed after taking the Sustagen, is when I tried to get up from the squat position, my thighs don't strain so much anymore, I had noticed this going on for a while, and put it down to age etc, and squatting down in the first place. The lady at the chemist mentioned electrolytes as a good way to go.

Im about 77kgs' , do a bit of walking, what amount of meat, and other foods in grams should I eat a day for health?

• GOD
    replied
    In your case 'Magoo' probably nothing wrong a bit before hand. Yes, we are all different but the fundamental principles for synthesis work the same in all of us... just to varying degrees.

Type and Timing. These two words apply to most things on the table for discussion here.

'THUNDERBEARD'. Caveats: Usually found in the 'small print' on fact sheets and tubs.

Strewth! Up early this morning must have been something I ate late when I should have had a shake?

'Aus'. That's why they are called T-Bones mate. Breakfast was playing catch up because I couldn't stomach the 'Fatty Flowery' pig the night before and don't do the 'Shit Shakes' in the bush... Did have a little of the salty crackling and washed it down with another Bourbon though. (Purely medicinal purposes for sleeping on dirt.)

Leave a comment:

• magoo
    commented on 's reply
    Nothing wrong with a shake after training. I just train for maintenance but it helps with muscle and recovery. Also helps me not pig out on shit foods.
    Same reason we drink Gatorade at track days. When you get off the bike dripping wet plain water just don't cut it and you see them crashing at the end of a hot day.
    I can't change diet or live on rabbit food so when doctor said I had a high liver count after blood test and it failed to drop after 3 tests over a year or so I had to try something.
    I still drink beer twice a week but keep under double figures of std stubbies. I do the new fasting type thing but without the shakes.
    On most normal days I just don't eat anything till about 2pm. For a big physical day 3 weetbix with the morning coffee gives some fuel.
    Liver count is now dropping and lost a few extra kgs. Some people can't do it but we are all so different you just have to find some way to trick the body and change what the body gets used to.

• THUNDERBEARD
    replied
    I go to bed quite early. Normally out by 2100. When I'm not working that is, o do roster oil and gas stuff so for 3 weeks I'm sleeping well and the next 3 not so... Which sucks... The thing about the powder I drink is its designed to be absorbed quickly, where as dinner takes quite a while to be fully digested. Hence my afore mentioned "nessasarily" caveat - probably should have elaborated

Leave a comment:

• GOD
    commented on 's reply
    Originally posted by THUNDERBEARD" post=210619
    But its important to note that eating a huge amount of protein in one hit isn't nessasarily productive.
    Pretty much what you are doing with your 'entree' mate. Then you are topping it up more about an hour later with din dins. How long after that do you hit the 'fart sack'?

• THUNDERBEARD
    replied
    Yes pretty much. When you grow up on a dairy farm you get a pretty good idea of home cooked foods. Meat, vegies and staples. Otherwise it's not really dinner. But its important to note that eating a huge amount of protein in one hit isn't nessasarily productive. I think for most people it's 10 to 20 grams an hour or somewhere thereabouts. And having it straight after strenuous activity seems to help recover from my experience.

Leave a comment:

• GOD
    commented on 's reply
    Originally posted by THUNDERBEARD" post=210608
    No sir, definitely not a meal substitute! But I do train of an arvo so its normally an hour or so before din dins.
    So we'll call it an entree then?

Is din din's pretty much the usual good tucker we've been bought up on and know? And do you enjoy a little salt'n'butter with your spuds'n'vege?

• Aushunter
    commented on 's reply
    Two Tbones for breakfast will give you 75% of your daily protein needs

When it comes down to it for the price of the powder chewtah having actual food makes sense!

So seeing as no one has asked, whats the reason why you are on the powders anyway??

• THUNDERBEARD
    replied
    No sir, definitely not a meal substitute! But I do train of an arvo so its normally an hour or so before din dins.

Leave a comment:

• GOD
    replied
    I will clarify... I'm just stating a couple of known facts.

Most people do want the same things THUNDERBEARD.... They want to be healthy, wealthy and wise.

So the nanna shake goes down after your work out. Is this usually in the afternoon and besides not making you feel sore does this act as a meal substitute or tide you over for some hours?

Leave a comment:

• THUNDERBEARD
    replied
    To clarify I've been lifting weights for a few years I just saw a bargain and snapped it up, but I have my nanny food straight after my session. I find if I do this I dont get sore. I'm not one of those dudes who thinks his way is the only way but, I totally get that other stuff works for other people and not every wants the same thing. Also I spend all my magazine budget on motorcycle magazines so I'm not really up to speed with whatever the modern way of doing things is lol

Leave a comment:

Working...
X