• Click image for larger version

Name:	20200827_180255.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	37.8 KB
ID:	316876 Bought this little puma for lil sparts today. His first knife
    Attached Files
    Go hard or Go home.

Comment

• Good knife. Somewhere in the house I have one of those. I come across it every five years or so. Next time I come across it I am putting it in the safe. It cost me $20 but now they are worth all most ten times that.

PS The last time I flew to Hobart (late 90s) on return going through the security check the metal detector went off. So the security lady said empty your pockets in my hands and go through again. So I did. One of the items in my pocket was this very knife. I walked through again she gave me everything back and I boarded the plane - like a boss.
      Last edited by MrCarbine; 28-08-2020, 09:41 PM.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	20201022_181407.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	39.1 KB
ID:	317680
        just a few old school tools.
        the saw was my grandfather's and the planes I bought off an old bloke he said he had them for yrs.
        I dont know much about the blue record planer.
        so feel free to load up any info.
        cheers Sparta.
        Go hard or Go home.

Comment

• How's that little knife goin' 'Magoo' and look what I've managed to pick up from the same USA vendor...?

Click image for larger version  Name:	s-l1600.jpg Views:	11 Size:	75.6 KB ID:	322743
          "If we meet offline and you look nothing like your Pics...You are buying me drinks until you do!"

Comment

• It's hiding in the day pack and went out last hunt when the deer were hiding out somewhere else.
            Was ready to try again the week Sydney went into the lockdown that had to happen.
            Not even sure they can contain Delta now as it spreads to the next suburbs and the people are doing the exact opposite to what they need to.
            Sept/ October would have been nice but who knows now, to little too late.

The knife is a bit lighter than my other one and the blade more an all-rounder rather than a skinner so it will be better to cut the ass out when I do a full gut and butchering job.

I did cut something, a bit of rope or leather but can't remember exactly, was still razor-sharp so it's waiting for the real thing.
            My area is back open to hunting as well.

Comment

• 'Magoo' that Puma 'folder' like your one arrived from the States today. Glad I found another one through the same supplier (Who is turning out to be a great contact)... Great feel to the knife and should turn out to be a very good day to day 'workhorse' and replacement for the 75 year anniversary Gerber 'folder' I lost last July.

I have just purchased another knife for a Christmas present for my youngest fella... Another nice little 'folder'.

Click image for larger version  Name:	s-l1600.jpg Views:	3 Size:	74.4 KB ID:	323372

Click image for larger version  Name:	s-l1600-1.jpg Views:	3 Size:	67.7 KB ID:	323373

Again same States side supplier... Pratts Collectable Cutlery.
              "If we meet offline and you look nothing like your Pics...You are buying me drinks until you do!"

Comment

• Nice mate, they are a very versatile blade and so so sharp.

I checked the day pack just in fear and there it was with its clip holding it in the high go-to position so I don't have to search for it.

I haven't been cleaning guns or playing with the gear, only started loading and doing case prep that I hated till I got all the machines to do it for me about a month back.
                Hard to get too enthused when I can't shoot.

Just re-oiling them one by one when I should be dry firing the Tikka offhand once a week, will start now.

Comment

• Two close friends Mr Big and Mr Bigger. Click image for larger version

Name:	Bowie.JPG
Views:	63
Size:	34.4 KB
ID:	323755

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparta View Post
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	20201022_181407.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	39.1 KB
ID:	317680
                    just a few old school tools.
                    the saw was my grandfather's and the planes I bought off an old bloke he said he had them for yrs.
                    I dont know much about the blue record planer.
                    so feel free to load up any info.
                    cheers Sparta.
                    Hi Sparta I would say that Stanly was hard prest to fill the market in the 50s and 60s so they gave permission for other companies to use their design hence the name Record.

Comment

• This might help fellas... Interesting article. Explains some design comparisons and time frames.

http://www.record-planes.com/history/

Comment

Working...
                      X