Old friends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

While on the internet hunt for some 'McGyverish' hunting, hiking and camping gear this morning came upon this store. Below is a link to their brands pages... If you click on the brands tab you see some pretty handy stuff and 'sharps' to consider.

I wonder if our Ol' mate 22F from Packs and Beyond has seen this one...

https://www.survivalsuppliesaustrali.../ProductBrands
    "If we meet offline and you look nothing like your Pics...You are buying me drinks until you do!"

Comment

Well, reading through this thread you will note that some of us like our 'sharps'. You will also note that they come in an array of different shapes, sizes, ages and have many different uses...

Recently I came across a nice presentation box in my 'Bower birding' travels, to be spruced up. This is to house something very old, rare and rather special that I've been haggling over for a little while. Yes, they now belong to me... They are 'sharps' and are very 'old friends'.

They are a collection of 11 Paleo Native North American Indian knapped spearheads and arrowheads, from a deceased Archeologists private collection... These are around 12 thousand years old.

Click image for larger version  Name:	$_3-1.JPG Views:	2 Size:	36.8 KB ID:	315946

Click image for larger version  Name:	$_3.JPG Views:	2 Size:	52.0 KB ID:	315947

These pictures do not do them justice and will post up a complete picture when I have the presentation finished.
      "If we meet offline and you look nothing like your Pics...You are buying me drinks until you do!"

Comment

Can you imagine, back then this would have been like a Nosler Ballistic Tip .

Comment

Nice collection there Herne.

yeah true that MrC.
          I wonder if they still had reloading Turkeys back then lol
          Go hard or Go home.

Comment

Originally posted by MrCarbine View Post
            Can you imagine, back then this would have been like a Nosler Ballistic Tip .
            And hand loaded.

Comment

Aboriginal axe head found at my secret fishing spot on the west coast believed to be the last one remaining there as I havent seen anymore Click image for larger version

Name:	1594867159523-1162121192.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	21.1 KB
ID:	315997

Comment

Have you had it looked at by 'eggsperts' 'Pharr' me old...? Might pay to.

Comment

Well 'Magoo', all I can say is... Wow!

Simply stunning. On it's way via express/registered mate...

Click image for larger version

Name:	file1.jpeg
Views:	121
Size:	43.7 KB
ID:	316199

Name:	file.jpeg
Size:	82.1 KB
ID:	316200

Name:	file 2.jpeg
Size:	54.2 KB
ID:	316201

Integrated strap cutter and window punch.

Comment

Wow is the word and all the features.
                    Sort of too good to not use and will remember SA and what a great bunch of blokes makes it what it is when I use it.
                    I won't skin my next deer with it as it's too nice to mess up and have to scrub clean.
                    Will use the wood-handled folder and see how they cope with the blood and crap.

Can't wait to see and feel it now.

Much appreciated Herne.

Comment

• Get it bloody.... Scars have appeal.

Comment

• Originally posted by HERNE View Post
                        Well, reading through this thread you will note that some of us like our 'sharps'. You will also note that they come in an array of different shapes, sizes, ages and have many different uses...

Recently I came across a nice presentation box in my 'Bower birding' travels, to be spruced up. This is to house something very old, rare and rather special that I've been haggling over for a little while. Yes, they now belong to me... They are 'sharps' and are very 'old friends'.

They are a collection of 11 Paleo Native North American Indian knapped spearheads and arrowheads, from a deceased Archeologists private collection... These are around 12 thousand years old.

Click image for larger version Name:	$_3-1.JPG Views:	2 Size:	36.8 KB ID:	315946

Click image for larger version Name:	$_3.JPG Views:	2 Size:	52.0 KB ID:	315947

These pictures do not do them justice and will post up a complete picture when I have the presentation finished.
                        fuck me....

Comment

• Amazing collection there Herne. Just goes to show we were always hunters and gatherers....no wonder we still love to hunt...its in the human dna. Cheers.

Comment

• A more modern way is to make arrow heads from bottle glass, quite an achievement I would say.
                        Miss 15 has two flint arrow heads - modern made, but I can attest to just how sharp they are.

Nice box of stones Herne.
                        The TRUTH is out there,
                        the Aliens think its a great joke on us.
                        We still believe in Santa, but eat the Easter Bunny

And the Easter Bunny tastes SO GOOD !!
                        That's why he is made of Chocolate.

Comment

• ‘Hornet’, I’m in the process of cleaning up the whole archeologists collection the vendor here in Australia has... They are extremely rare and unique to a particular region. (To put it simply. The vendor knows what he has from the records kept with the estate only.)

If I get the lot and for what i’m negotiating, once presented, displayed appropriately and the right interested party found. I would have hit a good earner... But for now, I’m the interested party.

Comment

• Got the Puma today Herne and it is a beauty, so light, yet so versatile and the ideal size for general carry use.
                            Too good to not use for sure and it may well harvest an animal as it is the lightest knife to carry in a pocket and never be caught without a knife.

Thanks, heaps.

Comment

Working...
                            X