EDC blade length

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EDC blade length

I was curious as to wonder what everyone was carrying as their EDC knife in folders or fixed blade and the blade length.

I normally have 3-5 folders or fixed blades that I regularly cycle through carrying each day of the week, they are as follows:
    Leatherman MUT 3" blade
    Ka-Bar mule 3-7/8"
    spyderco grasshopper 2.313"
    spyderco honeybee 1.625 "
    spyderco bug 1.313" (on a key ring)

fixed blade is generally a Kabar tanto with an 8" blade

is that about normal or does everyone's EDC differ drastically from mine?

I don't tend to carry knives around with me in suburbia but if I had to carry something in my pocket to peel apples, cut cord, skin the odd animal, whittle a stick and open boxes id choose a folder with a 2.5-3" blade.

I find this blade length does 95% of what I need a pocket knife to do while giving excellent control.

Comment

Taylor Eye Witness twin blade 3.25". Used for everything from a screwdriver to calf marking.

Comment

Never really Every Day Carried, but when I think I might need a small knife it was a Spyderco Delica. Never carried a fixed blade except when bush.

Having just picked up a Spyderco Paramilitary2 I think another one will replace the Delica. Always thought the Delica was just a touch small, the PM2 is a nice size.
        “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing” - Edmund Burke

Comment

• M77
          M77 commented
          Editing a comment
          Originally posted by Morgo" post=36147
          Never really Every Day Carried, but when I think I might need a small knife it was a Spyderco Delica. Never carried a fixed blade except when bush.

Having just picked up a Spyderco Paramilitary2 I think another one will replace the Delica. Always thought the Delica was just a touch small, the PM2 is a nice size.
          i would like a review on that!
          which camo pattern did you get?

I cannot fathom how people get through the day without at least a pocket knife. Yesterday I used my leatherman to:
        • pull the lost end of the dental floss out with the needle nose
        • cut the price tag from the daughters party dress
        • trim a photograph with the scissors
        • cut a flower in the garden
        • open a post package

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment

My EDC is a Leatherman Skeletool. The main reason I love it is because the knife is accessible from the outside with one hand opening. There are times at home and at work where you just wished you had a blade for the task in your other hand, out comes the skeletool.

Its very basic (which means its also really light) with only a blade, pliers, flat/Phillips head and most important of all: The bottle opener on the clip. Probably the most used tool next to the knife!

Love it, plan on buying another but I'm not sure if I can still import these? Customs wont let in knives that you can open with one hand anymore...

Skeletool

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal_50" post=36101
          I was curious as to wonder what everyone was carrying as their EDC knife in folders or fixed blade and the blade length.

I normally have 3-5 folders or fixed blades that I regularly cycle through carrying each day of the week, they are as follows:
          Leatherman MUT 3" blade
          Ka-Bar mule 3-7/8"
          spyderco grasshopper 2.313"
          spyderco honeybee 1.625 "
          spyderco bug 1.313" (on a key ring)

fixed blade is generally a Kabar tanto with an 8" blade

is that about normal or does everyone's EDC differ drastically from mine?
          I do have an EDC kit which I posted in the old forum… Should post it here. But generally EDC kits with knives are illegal in all states unless you have a valid reason like work. If I do have a reason or if I can ill carry my Leatherman Surge (black oxide) around with me. Does everything you need and more

Comment

My EDC blade is a Svord Peasant 3.5" blade. Almost a little too spartan. I work in a warehouse so my requirements were for a good edge all day, and cheap enough to lend to people without worrying about it. Also I wanted something to open with one hand which is getting hard to find nowadays - especially with decent steel.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0048.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	22.3 KB
ID:	48615

As for legality, I don't bother coppers, and they don't bother me.
            Plays at Ripley. Always vote liberty.

Comment

I carry my crkt m21-04 with me most places where I think I will need it like work, out bush etc.... I usually keep in on the inside of my right boot....

I think it's blade length is 4 inches
              I throw sub-moa rocks

If you heard the shot, you weren't the target

Comment

• Nocturnal_50
                Nocturnal_50 commented
                Editing a comment
                I'd love to get a cold steel XL voyager tanto point, however our ridiculous import laws make it almost impossible to get a knife with a blade stud into the country unless blade tension is enough to not flick open the blade as per australian customs tests.

I carry a Strider SnG with a 3.5inch blade every day.
              I spend a lot of time in industrial settings, and use it everyday.

As previously mentioned, I don't do anything to bother the wallopers, they don't do anything to bother me.
              ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Forward!
              Where we are, where we belong, where we should be.

Comment

To work I carry a Leatherman Charge Ti, otherwise I've got my Spyderco Paramilitary 2 and or a Victorinox Farmer.

If out on my motorcycle its just the Victorinox just to stay on the safe side.

Every single time I've not carried I've bloody needed one!

Comment

I'm a victorinox man aswell, super handy, super good quality and strength and easy to explain when plod comes a knockin. The blades on it are just under 4" long. And its black, so it matches my coffee, heart and metal. So much win
                  Roses are red, mud is brown, Windows up, loud pedal down!

Comment

Working...
                  X