L1A3 bayonet for sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1A3 bayonet for sale

Hey guys I have a L1A3 bayonet that my old boss who was a artillery observer that served in the vietnam War gave to me im chasing 350 if anyone is interested trying to get myself a knock about shotgun im in perth but will ship and depending on location I will pay shipping pm if interested
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20130806_232805.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	18.2 KB
ID:	27857

Admins please move if not in the right spot

You may be waiting a while, a quick check of ebay and you will find they go for about half that in new unused condition

Comment

Yeah Ive seen those ones but there minus the frog and are unissued

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        You may want to do a bit of research on the issue side of the bayonet because collectors will be questioning the history because unless your ex boss was in the British forces he would not have been issued a L1A3, he would have been issued an Australian made L1A2, which I will add is a permanent issue item so he would have had some serious explaining to do when he was supposed to return it to the Q store. The army doesn't take kindly to people misappropriating items such as these, even back in the day.

Ive had a look couldnt really find a great deal he gave it to me a few years ago and said that he used in during his his service in vietnam heres some pics you can make out the model number sorry for the quality

Name:	20131009_095614.jpg
Size:	21.2 KB
ID:	27967

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        there's a fair bit of info on the internet with regards to collecting bayonets and SLR bayonets are covered in a fair bit of detail, I think he may be telling you some porkies somewhere along the line but good luck with the sale

Ive had a look couldnt really find a great deal he gave it to me a few years ago and said that he used in during his his service in vietnam heres some pics you can make out the model number sorry for the quality

Name:	20131009_095614_2013-10-09.jpg
Size:	21.2 KB
ID:	27970

Name:	20131009_095605.jpg
Size:	20.5 KB
ID:	27971

Comment

From everything I just read gathered that they were issued both to British and Australian's the l1a3 was modified from the l1a1 to help reduce the loss of bayonets

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          Every soldier i know has something that he was meant to return to the Q store but kept on discharge.

Good luck with the sale of the bayonet, some trophies should be kept but your call, they only mean things the the original owner and collectors normally.

Haha to right and in all honesty theres no sentimental value to it for me and Im trying to get some cash for a knock about shotty think id rather that over a bayonet

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          http://worldbayonets.com/Bayonet_Identification_Guide/fal_page/fal_bayonets_3.html

That was quite a good read cheers Brent

Comment

Working...
        X