What do you consider to be Long Range?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First shanghai at 3 years old wasnt much chop either....the spoggies and starlings were pretty safe with that set up too....did manage to ruffle a few feathers though...LOL.ps I think it took me about 2 years to claim my first victim....could never afford the thick rubberbands.....now Im trying to ping things off at 600 metres....how things change.

Comment

Shooting a 22lr on bunnies at 400 metres in the mallee from one sandhill to the next took a bit of doing...we got better once we got our 22/250s.

Comment

Now there`s a memory of good times gone......Big warrens 100 meters square in some cases.....covered with rabbits that would just keep popping up at close range .......Oh for a LR 22/250 or similar .....Back when the objective was to get as close as possible with out spooking the lot or even shooting a few and getting them before they kicked themselves down the burrow......Back when Lithgow Slazenger 22Lr really was king.
        [center]
        Don’t poke the snake, walk around it and come back later with a double-barrelled shotgun and blow its [email protected]#!ing head off!.

Australia in future, the outcome is the same, a bloody dictatorship run on the whims of a very few ego-centric pathological elitists.

Comment

It depends on the shooting situation and the size of the target area and what gun and cartridge I am using . Generally for stalking and walk about hunting unsupported , 150 is long range for me .
          Supported on a tree or something 200 is long enough . Laying prone behind an accurate heavy varmint gun on a bipod with a powerful scope then I have scored hits on pigs at 500 but prefer to get closer . The thing with long range shooting is we never see all the misses they make or other bullet placement mistakes .

Comment

Working...
          X