Apparel: First Item for sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apparel: First Item for sale

Gentlemen, To kick things off in the apparel section, by order of Mrs Win88 I have a special, one-time offering that is in every sense THE epitome of style.

On offer I have 1x 100% cotton, twin pocket, long sleeve shirt from the House of RM Williams, ( Percy St, Prospect, South Australia)

This particular example was acquired in 2005 during the historic clearing sale of Gowlings in Sydney and has been worn on several equally historic locations and/or occasions since, including past Osama Bin Ladens house in Abbottabad in 2008, gate crashing on President Hemid Karzai’s motorcade in 2007, being mistaken for noted international criminal and CIA man of mystery Mr Raymond Davies by an excited cricket mob in Lahore in 2011 and such exotic and strife torn locations as Mogadishu, Baghdad, Kabul, Kirkuk, Peshawar, Aden, Cairo ( and Corio, Geelong)

Make no mistake, this shirt has been there, done that , so this is your chance to get THE shirt!

Usual wear and tear (character) including several worn holes in the sleeves, some holes near the pocket seems, collar material worn away, 3inch tear along the front button seam and some faint staining as a result of an erstwhile Pakistani dobi wallahs continued incompetence in sorting colours.

Overall this piece presents as threadbare and shabby, but represents outstanding value to discerning collectors of threadbare and shabby shirts, niche historic enactors and/or aficionados of Australian sartorial splendor.

Price is congruous to the historic and sentimental value of this piece and not negotiable. $ 100 plus P&H

The only problem is it's not in the Apparel Section......

Another one caught by not watching the Drop Down Menu ......for Topic Section ..... :lol: :lol:

Comment

• Maverick
      Maverick commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by Mega" post=4294

Another one caught by not watching the Drop Down Menu ......for Topic Section ..... :lol: :lol:

I just use the index page on the left tab to select the topic page I want post a new thread on.

Thanks...

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by Mega" post=4294

Unfortunately, couldn't post is said section and be damned if i was going to scrap 2 minutes of spiel.... teething problem for the admins to sort out and probably explains the zero posts in that section

Can ya stand up next time to take the Photo! :lol: I had too stand the computer up on its end to have a look If she's cheap enough I might buy it to clean the Boito with. :lol: (just stirring). good luck with the sale mate.
    Whacking Varmints is my passion!

Comment

Originally posted by Win88" post=4286

Price is congruous to the historic and sentimental value of this piece and not negotiable. $ 100 plus P&H
      Hmm, time to rethink my terms

If anyone know where I can find a replacement of the same style and color/ pattern in better condition ( the latter shouldn't be that hard ...) Ill throw this unique piece of apparel your way pro bono

Comment

Working...
      X