• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pd View Post

the tidy bit of ass or the bike ....or both...pd
    All of the above
    nf

[center]
    Don’t poke the snake, walk around it and come back later with a double-barrelled shotgun and blow its [email protected]#!ing head off!.

Australia in future, the outcome is the same, a bloody dictatorship run on the whims of a very few ego-centric pathological elitists.

Comment

Originally written by Cole Porter for Roy Rogers... Not sure but that could be getting a bit too manly.

That bike has more rubber than that shelias wardrobe...

I could enter into a conversation about wheel/tire size and engine displacement. But it will make things go a little sideways... And the threads already pulling left and off centre road.
      "If we meet offline and you look nothing like your Pics...You are buying me drinks until you do!"

Comment

More stuff on here LOL, That John Harman tribute clip was great Herne.
        I watched it again on the big screen last night.
        You sure do know how to search them out.
        Love the old bike footage like that as it's so real life and the exact opposite of what you see when you turn on the TV now.

We need a thread of all things bikes for the love of motorcycles or something.
        Could just go back to it and put pics and links to great old vids and stuff.

My old days stuff was pre-digital and a PITA scanning.
        I wonder how they turn out just taking photos of the photos with the right lighting, whatever that would be.

The V-rod Harleys took off big for a while but don't seem to see as many lately.
        Much better performance, one owner told me.
        The cost of normal big sports tyres was getting high considering the short life of 5-7,000km, imagine what those big fkers cost and just to wear a flat in the middle.

Comment

‘Magoo’. I just look up the names I know and remember mate. I enjoyed the era as a kid and materialized it into my own bikes and am actually surprised there's as much of that stuff floating around and on the internet still.

I looked for back issues of Iron Horse and a couple of Aussie mags, as some of my bikes were in them and the only memories I have now are the ones that have been stored on this forum system previously. I might actually give the existing publications a call, coz they might have things 'backed up' themselves...

I think a Category for 'Scootin' would be good. Bikes like firearms, everyone has their preference of brand, make and style. So it could get quite diverse... Also a few engines running hot.

See how popular the 'Hot and Packin' Heat' thread became. Imagine one for bikes... 'Sled's an' Sluts'. (Too harsh?)

As far as our mate 'Hornet' goes I reckon what's been tossed out there pretty much covers it for him. I hope he gets on one soon, so he can track down Natasha in the Adelaide Hills for us...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Df0GgwP8zLA

You blokes will love Natasha... She's a Vegan and Cat lover.
          "If we meet offline and you look nothing like your Pics...You are buying me drinks until you do!"

Comment

LOL, mate that is so funny, all the roads I have known for years, since I was doodling around the hills on my PE,
            all the fire tracks at the tops of ranges, rivers and creeks around that Dam.
            There are hundreds of goats in the hills up there, Parks dont bother to do anything cause its hard work, on foot exploring I have got within 2m of a pair.
            Had a .22lr in a back pack, no ammo, no bolt, as I was exercising to get more climbing strength.
            The Dam feeds the Torrens river and there is Gold in there too.

She wasn't around then, that's for sure.

Find her for you guys ?
            Probably would not be that hard, she markets herself well enough.
            The TRUTH is out there,
            the Aliens think its a great joke on us.
            We still believe in Santa, but eat the Easter Bunny

And the Easter Bunny tastes SO GOOD !!
            That's why he is made of Chocolate.

Comment

Originally posted by 17Hornet View Post
              ...she markets herself well enough.
              Ya think...? So who went to her youtube channel?

I can't believe such a fit, disciplined and gifted young woman would get such negative comments and so many 'thumbs downs'... 'Fuglies' live on the internet for such shit.

I didn't even care that she's a Vegan that doesn't mind there is milk and eggs required to make Ravioli Pasta pockets. (But then again I'm not a reloader.)

I also reckon she could eat a little 'meat' now and then... Not only does she look healthy but very happy.

Comment

This looks the goods, from my era too, I always dreamed about getting one of these.

Click image for larger version

Name:	TT600.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	322664
                The TRUTH is out there,

Comment

friend of mine had one for years.
                  reliable, torquey, ok for a bit of casual bitumen travel.
                  good off road, a little soft in the suspension but i doubt it'll be a concern for what you're going to do with it.
                  just don't flood the thing then try to start it straight away.
                  yes it can be done, but it takes a certain 'knack'.
                  considered a bit of a classic theses days,...so forget going to the local bike shop to get spare engine or bodywork parts.

Comment

I always wanted a big TT but never got one.

Comment

Fkn 'nang nang mobiles'...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fD7wv0hVMuQ

Great visuals and sound effects... Love the 'yeet in the first clip and the deer hunting.

Comment

That first clip, SEE it is efficient for hunting, he didn't fire a shot, had fun riding AND took home a trophy as well as filling the freezer with meat !

I have never understood why guys roll their hands over the throttle and wring it back to do such simple things, they like thrills and little control.
                        Looking for some torque in the powerband.
                        Track stuff has never been for me.

Guys I rode with on weekends were pissed off when I could overcome obstacles and climb banks and hill sides on my little Honda SL 125 4stroke,
                        they struggled with those, however anything with longer flater tracks I struggled to keep pace.

The SL 125 was sold, to be built into a junior speedway bike.

Then I went to the 2 strokes and I could easily keep up, but suffered some at the obstacles...

My passion is for the 4 strokes.

"On any Sunday" - The first guy in the white T-shirt, that's me....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wx-F5p0kt-o
                        Last edited by 17Hornet; 31-07-2021, 05:26 PM.
                        The TRUTH is out there,

Comment

I didn't see the trophy get packed up.... Did it go out on a 'nine line' too?

Comment

Here is an interesting point of view.....

Why we ride motorbikes: a midlife crisis solution!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRQyEBY5YjQ
                            And if you are into adventure dirt bike riding, he has his channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc3...1ANgy64s_54eDw

It's actually an interesting channel with a wide range of Topics and Discussions.
                            The TRUTH is out there,

Comment

I had to turn the first video off... The super hyped up off road rider sounded as exciting as listening to undertaker.

If you are going to talk up excitement... Best to bring your best ‘Steve Irwin’ to the table.

Comment

Mate, you must have the lockdown blues, or something else.

OR is it that it brings flash backs to you of your accident history ?

Anyway, or click 50% of the way thru it, get further into the video and hear/see what changes older riders get into and why.
                                The TRUTH is out there,

Comment

Working...
                                X