New addition to the shed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New addition to the shed

Latest addition to the shed - A keg system.
    For 2 decades I have been brewing & using bottles, well a fortnight ago I got fed up with it & hit the mate up to take charge of his keg system which has been sitting idle since his wife passed about 10yrs ago (she was the brewer)

With a considerable amount of cleaning & a few seal kits on the way I managed to get it up to scratch & put my 1st keg down last Thursday.
    2 days to let it chill & carbonate, it was pouring pretty good by Sunday.
    The trouble is, it was empty by last night????........4 days = 20L.........That's not good!
    I really need to brew more! :lol: :lol:

Edit:-
    Changed the tittle. maybe not apropriate
    Was - A shooter with a drinking problem or a drinker with a shooting problem?

Anyway, last night & ground my Grain for another batch (still got one fermenting ATM also)
    As a few of you might remember from the old Forum, I'm a Mash brewer. As in all my beers are made from fresh Grain & hopps. Not a can of goop or sugar in sight.

The Grain mill.

Filtering a fermented wort into my 1st keg.

The new addition (this could really bring me undone if I'm not carefull)

The old ways (will still get 4 bottles out of each batch, so it is not over yet)

Mick.

You need a bigger keg Mick , get one of the old big suckers that should keep you pissed for a bit longer.
    Not suitable for mature audiences

Comment

• Capn Dazza
      Capn Dazza commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by several" post=26650
      You need a bigger keg Mick , get one of the old big suckers that should keep you pissed for a bit longer.
      ^^^ this

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by several" post=26650
      Found one

http://www.diytrade.com/china/pd/7990554/chemical_liquid_tank_truck.html#normal_img

In all seriousness, give us a bell next time, I'm sure we can knock it if in two days

Good work as always mick

Steve

Well that explains it Mick! To much PoorMans Vodka (Diggers) for you.
    You Know it will fatten the belly& thin the legs.......LoL
    Tikka T3X 6XC
    Tikka T3X CTR 260 Rem
    Remington 788 - 6mm Rem
    Remington 788 - 222rem
    Browning Trombone .22

Comment

• Gwion
      Gwion commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by Pitty" post=26656
      Well that explains it Mick! To much PoorMans Vodka (Diggers) for you.
      You Know it will fatten the belly& thin the legs.......LoL
      hehe... Beer bottles mixed in with the meths and canned lubes & degreazers..... Don't pick the wrong one up after the 4th pint!!!

I like your brewing style, Mick! I'm keen to set a brew kit up myself. Did you learn along the way (self taught) or is there a good guide to brewing from scratch that you could recommend???

Cheers

Gwion

NIce work Mick

My brother is a mad brewer like yourself, its quickly takes over your life it seems....
    Here is the only pic i have of the traveler, basically a wheelie bin clad in decking keg inside on ice with a twin tap head.
    Perfect for the annual fishing weekend.

I will do this one day when I have something worthwhile to put in here.

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by Gindu-wan Kanobi" post=26668
      NIce work Mick
      Cool little set up.
      I'm currently working on a design for a rectangular 8L keg to fit in one end of my Engel.
      Was going to cut down the std 19L Corny keg but the round shape takes up too much space.

Typically square objects don't make good pressure vessels but working with some numbers ATM to make it happen.

Mick.
Working...
X