I’m Back (hopefully)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I’m Back (hopefully)

Gday folks, thought I’d poke my head in after some time away from the forum.
    I guess it’s been almost 2 years since I was on here with any sort of frequency, I sort of dropped out of the shooting game when I had a hiccup with renewing my license and had to go through the whole deal again, all because NSWFAR made a fuck up.
    it’s been a rough couple of years, I lost both parents within a few months and few smaller dramas which honestly left me struggling a fair bit mentally and emotionally. Luckily covid didn’t effect my work and I guess I’ve been luckier than some in that regard.
    I haven’t been doing any shooting, I haven’t fired a firearm in near 5 years.
    what I have been doing up until the weather turned wet was getting back into fishing and setting up the Ford Ranger as a bit of a beach fishing rig, I invested in some new fishing gear, 4x4 recovery gear, car fridge and drawers and awnings etc, all the stuff to make a day at the beach more fun. Then the weather turned to shit and the beach has been closed to vehicles since, I’m sitting hear watching my $99 season beach pass go to waste. 😂
    but it’s all good fun when you finally get into the sand, we usually take the kids and the grandkid who have an absolute ball, it’s a lot of money well spent when everyone is smiling.
    I might even try to squeeze in a trip to Fraser Island or something in the future, hopefully before the world crumbles into anarchy, I should probably pull my finger out and get it organised as things are going downhill pretty fast. 😔
    that pretty much covers everything up to date I guess, I thought I should probably get back in here as winter is coming and everyone will be wanting to know “what saw should I buy” etc 😂 and I like to help out, even though you all usually ignore my advice and buy the cheapest saw you can find 😆
    I’ll see you fellas around.
    cheers.
    Not suitable for mature audiences

Haven’t fired a firearm in five years…? No wonder you have been struggling mentally and emotionally.

Plenty of support here mate… You just need to reach out.

”There’s only one way… And that is forward.”

"If we meet offline and you look nothing like your Pics...You are buying me drinks until you do!"

Comment

No good Several, and can just hope there is light at the end of the tunnel for all of us.
      It's good that we can drift between fishing and hunting, shooting though, and beach fishing days with a setup vehicle would be great for the sole.
      You could try for a Summer night dew with that rig, fresh squid is the tip for bait and the moon of course.
      I suspect the best dew beaches are ones with an estery draining food out with the tide.
      Hope next Summer is more normal as we sure didn't need this rain after all the other stuff thrown at us.

The weird luck I had pre-booking 3 days of forest rut hunting a week apart and rain only hitting on drive home shows we can get lucky.
      And to shoot a doe one week and return to shoot my trophy buck in a croaking hunt just made my life pretty content for a while.

Those 3 shots are all I have taken from the rifles in about as many months with the weekday range down and weather making it very hard to get the day in down at the Southern highlands one.

Had to oil the guns in case but no orange surprises.
      Planning on tomorrow for steel at 500m and short-range fun with the 22mag and Dirty-30 with my fast cast loads.
      Could be cold but dry, it throws some weather down there and only ever had one ideal day.

Maybe next Spring will see some normal weather and stable beaches, not too sure if the world will get some stability back though.

Comment

All the best Several, hoping thing continue to improve for you
        Sent via pony express and mail plane

You know that moment when the steak is on the grill and your mouth waters in anticipation? Vegans feel the same after mowing the lawn.

Comment

Hi Several,
          We have to Get back in the saddle.
          try getting in some aroma therapy, busting Clay's is good for that sort of thing.

hopefully things keep improving. Looking forward to hearing about a write up or 2 and some fishing trips.

cheers Sparta
          Go hard or Go home.

Comment

Welcome back several, your contributions have been missed.
            keep your chin up mate,good times are ahead
            Cheers
            Dusty
            Faster Horses
            Younger Women
            Older Whiskey
            More Money

SSAA N52

Comment

Good to see you back, I too have missed your content.
              Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Sorry to hear about all that mate. It's hard to understand if you have not experienced it. Some of us have.
                Welcome back and remember, here you are a man among men!

Comment

G Day sev , good to see you again.
                  NF
                  [center]
                  Don’t poke the snake, walk around it and come back later with a double-barrelled shotgun and blow its [email protected]#!ing head off!.

Australia in future, the outcome is the same, a bloody dictatorship run on the whims of a very few ego-centric pathological elitists.

Comment

Gday Sev good to see you back.... I know the feeling about barely shooting.

Gone from every night down too for the last while once in a blue moon shot.

Comment

Working...
                    X