Greek Easter 2021.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greek Easter 2021.

It is Greek Easter today and for those of you that cellebrated.
    Χριστός ἀνέστη and χρονια πολλα (Christ is risen, season's greetings).
    The boys in the Greek Army got the right idea.

Click image for larger version

Name:	GreekArmyEaster908.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	321098
    If you're going through hell, keep going."
    Winston Churchill

'Spit Patrol' Six.... Anything motorized in that unit?
    "If we meet offline and you look nothing like your Pics...You are buying me drinks until you do!"

Comment

The real ol days lol.
      wheres your lamb Mr C?
      Go hard or Go home.

Comment

• MrCarbine
        MrCarbine commented
        Editing a comment
        Not this year, too many things gone wrong. Maybe in a year or two.

Originally posted by HERNE View Post
      'Spit Patrol' Six.... Anything motorized in that unit?
      Nah mate, this is the best way. You sit talking sh*t drinking and you get the first bite too.
      Winston Churchill

Comment

Miss 16yrs attended her first Greek Easter with her Boyfriends Family.

Ya Ya apparently in charge.

Miss 16 said it was feeling like she was at home, with Nonna and Nonno, they all eat, talk food and give shit to each other. Agood time.

LOL, I think she is too PC, doesn't talk her mind enough....

She had a great time.

The TRUTH is out there,
        the Aliens think its a great joke on us.
        We still believe in Santa, but eat the Easter Bunny

And the Easter Bunny tastes SO GOOD !!
        That's why he is made of Chocolate.

Comment

• MrCarbine
          MrCarbine commented
          Editing a comment
          Let me tell you buddy, Yiayia (Γιαγιά) is ALWAYS in charge. Don't get between her and your kids, it does not end well.

What this post should really be called is 'Orthodox Easter'. The Greek and other Eastern Orthodox Churches (though not all) still use the Julian Calendar. For more information: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julian_calendar

Comment

Originally posted by Paul8x57 View Post
          What this post should really be called is 'Orthodox Easter'. The Greek and other Eastern Orthodox Churches (though not all) still use the Julian Calendar. For more information: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julian_calendar
          Whilst the above might be politically correct:

Greek was the most prevalent shared language in the demographic regions where the Byzantine Empire flourished, and Greek, being the language in which the New Testament was written, was the primary liturgical language of the church. For this reason, the eastern churches were sometimes identified as "Greek" (in contrast to the "Roman" or "Latin" church, which used a Latin translation of the Bible), even before the Great Schism of 1054. After 1054, "Greek Orthodox" or "Greek Catholic" marked a church as being in communion with Constantinople, much as "Catholic" did for communion with Rome.
          Additionally when a Greek writes the comment it's Greek Easter, if a Russian, Romanian or Egyptian writes it, they can call it whatever they like.

Further to the complication, it was the English that come up with the words Greece and Greeks.
          The original words are Hellas and Hellines. In fact, during the Roman Empire Greeks identified as Romaeoi (Romans). After the Great Schism they adopted the name Hellines once again.

Last edited by MrCarbine; 04-05-2021, 09:34 PM. Reason: Additional info.
          Winston Churchill

Comment

More interested in the Grog and Hogget Meself...

Coz ya all now live in 'Starya' you are just using the 'Greek Easter' thing as an excuse for a second organised piss up in the same Calendar month. You'd think by now being Australians of any religion or background... No excuse is required.
            "If we meet offline and you look nothing like your Pics...You are buying me drinks until you do!"

Comment

• Sparta
              Sparta commented
              Editing a comment
              Couldn't agree more with ya Herne.

The Australian Constitution 1901, guarantees me two organised piss-ups a year.
            (such a pity I don't drink)

Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by MrCarbine View Post
              (such a pity I don't drink)
              Knew there was sumfing not quite right about ya mayte... "Fuck off, you are having two!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCzaxVLBsmY

Comment

• MrCarbine
                MrCarbine commented
                Editing a comment
                I do on special occasios. Have not had a drink for almost two years (I survive on Pepsi Max).
            Working...
            X