Pulled a helirotor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Fush' do you have any idea of the money spent on permits and licencing alone to tap such amounts?
    "If we meet offline and you look nothing like your Pics...You are buying me drinks until you do!"

Comment

Originally posted by HERNE View Post
      'Fush' do you have any idea of the money spent on permits and licencing alone to tap such amounts?
      Millions will be spent on the project mate I don't know the cost breakdowns
      And there isn't a guarantee that water will be found on the first go

Once water is found the bore will be capped while the poly is buried and tanks built including mounds, troughs put in ect
      poly fittings alone would deplete your cheque account a 6 inch poly joiner would be $50+ each

I am going to go out there while the hole is being drilled and have a bit of a look around
      Last edited by fishphillott; 18-02-2021, 07:04 PM.
      Sent via pony express and mail plane

You know that moment when the steak is on the grill and your mouth waters in anticipation? Vegans feel the same after mowing the lawn.

Comment

Keep us posted mate... I find this interesting.

Obviously the blokes in the pink shirts are contractors and it's probably wise the pay the 'Bore-Runner' to keep up to speed with the workings.
        "If we meet offline and you look nothing like your Pics...You are buying me drinks until you do!"

Comment

They would be red shirts mate but yes Ryan and John are Bore Mechanics

You know that moment when the steak is on the grill and your mouth waters in anticipation? Vegans feel the same after mowing the lawn.

Comment

Righto. But tell them I'm going to settle for 'Magenta'... A reddish pink.

Comment

Well
              Click image for larger version

Name:	20210215_140010.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	319983

A hole in the ground

Comment

That bore truck would sure make things easier, than pulling it on the tripod.

This new bore sounds interesting, hope you can share a bit of action.

Worked on drills for a bit , but nothing like those depths, pulling rods to change a bit or the hammer would be a bitch.
                We lost a hammer at 290m once , took about 3 days of fishing, boss said we had 5 days then it was total loss.

Cheers
                SSAA Q18

Comment

Originally posted by 22F View Post
                  Good post mate!
                  It’s been awhile since I’ve played with such gear. M

Used similar pumps in food manufacturing and coal mining. I had some photos years ago of a pigs dick that had been corroded so badly it was effectively just a rusty rod.
                  Played with those rotator stator pumps of various sizes back in the roo factory.

Seen all sorts go through and fk up the rotor or stator or both. Certainly don't miss changing those out, pumps were always in a shit of a spot. Don't like running dry though, remember one perticular shift literally fitted a new stator. that start of shift (with the product they lasted generally 1 month some times 2 months) only to pull it out and replace it, with another rotator and stator after they buggered off for smoko. Only to come into a room smelling like summer nats and burnt a set of treads. Cooked the shit outta it.

Mind you those pumps were far better then the diaphragm pumps they use to use for moving product. They were a bigger pain in the ass IMHO

Comment

I just hated pumps, always pumping what they shouldn't be, ceased, corroded or broken shafts.

Being the maint man and no expert, I just had to fix them, replace them or both as they always fail again.

Worked with pump experts for a while and they did waterboard stuff like full recos of the big ones that looked like diving bells.
                    The stench was in the corroded cast iron and pitty the bloke that did the job of cleaning, prepping, and ceramic coating the big f__s from the inside.

They also did the ones with short and thick pigs dicks, still full and jammed in with what women flush down the dunny.
                    How they got the big thick dicks out is beyond me as they had no huge press or machine, so I suspect a sledgehammer and man-hours.

In the food factories, it was acid pumps and slurry pumps that reminded me of the smell of cleaning out a grease trap to a septic system.

I just love pumps and if I never touch another it will still be too soon.

Comment

Working...
                    X