QUOTES & QUIPS...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QUOTES & QUIPS...

Hoping this new thread will bring forth a few pages of members personal favourites.

I'll kick off with an absolute 'ripper' from the then Governor of California... Ronald Reagan.

"The young man speaking looked like Tarzan, walked like Jane and smelt like Cheetah."

"If we meet offline and you look nothing like your Pics...You are buying me drinks until you do!"

"Of course I am minimising my Tax, and if anyone in this country isn't minimising their tax they want their head read, Because as a government I can tell you your not spending it that well that we should be donating extra."

The great Kerry Packer before a senate hearing.

Cheers
    SSAA Q18

Comment

Here's an apt borrowing from the words of Patrick Henry "Julius Caeser had his Brutus, Charles the First his Cromwell, and Vladimir Putin may profit by their example."

Comment

• HERNE
        HERNE commented
        Editing a comment
        Treason! Lol.

From one of my all time favourite actors.

“I'd like to know why well-educated idiots keep apologizing for lazy and complaining people who think the world owes them a living.”
      ― John Wayne

“Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday.”
      ― John Wayne

“Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway.”
      ― John Wayne
      Tikka T3X 6XC
      Tikka T3X CTR 260 Rem
      Remington 788 - 6mm Rem
      Remington 788 - 222rem
      Browning Trombone .22

Comment

Another couple of ‘gems’ from Ron…

”Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world… But the Marines don’t have that problem.”

“If you can’t make them see the light… Make them feel the heat.”

"If we meet offline and you look nothing like your Pics...You are buying me drinks until you do!"

Comment

• Sparta
          Sparta commented
          Editing a comment
          That's a good one Herne. If you can't make them see the light, let them feel the heat.
          Even the Marine one is great.
          Last edited by Sparta; 29-03-2022, 08:23 PM.

"if things just do not seem quite right, chances are they are not''
        [center]
        Don’t poke the snake, walk around it and come back later with a double-barrelled shotgun and blow its [email protected]#!ing head off!.

Australia in future, the outcome is the same, a bloody dictatorship run on the whims of a very few ego-centric pathological elitists.

Comment

Originally posted by Pitty View Post
          From one of my all time favourite actors.

“I'd like to know why well-educated idiots keep apologizing for lazy and complaining people who think the world owes them a living.”
          ― John Wayne

“Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday.”
          ― John Wayne

“Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway.”
          ― John Wayne
          Great quotes pitty.
          you like the Duke too.
          Go hard or Go home.

Comment

It's not about how hard you can get hit. It's about how you get hit and keep getting hit and moving forward.
            Go hard or Go home.

Comment

If you aren't early, you are late
              Sent via pony express and mail plane

You know that moment when the steak is on the grill and your mouth waters in anticipation? Vegans feel the same after mowing the lawn.

Comment

• HERNE
                HERNE commented
                Editing a comment
                Can't imagine where you've heard that before...

Clint "Get off my fucking lawn".

And ! "Make my day punk ".
              [center]
              Don’t poke the snake, walk around it and come back later with a double-barrelled shotgun and blow its [email protected]#!ing head off!.

Australia in future, the outcome is the same, a bloody dictatorship run on the whims of a very few ego-centric pathological elitists.

Comment

Mans gotta know his limitations
                Clint E

Comment

My all time favourite, though apparently an urban myth

Bessie Braddock: Winston, you are drunk, and what’s more you are disgustingly drunk.

Winston Churchill: Bessie, my dear, you are ugly, and what’s more, you are disgustingly ugly. But tomorrow I shall be sober and you will still be disgustingly ugly.
                  I have more guns than I need but not as many as I want

Comment

British MP : (in the middle of an long winded address to parliament) The Prime Minister (Churchill) is asleep.

P M. (opening one eye), No, but I wish to Christ I was
                    This post may be fact or opinion, it is up to you to decide which.

Comment

A real cowboy has saddle rash.

Comment

I wasn't a politician. I had no - no - even thought of being a politician. So, nobody even talked to me about the war. Nobody said, should we do the war, should we not? It's not like now, where every day you're being asked questions about things.
                        Donald Trump
                        I have more guns than I need but not as many as I want

Comment

Working...
                        X