Anzac Day approaching.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anzac Day approaching.

With the Anzac's day approaching and we can attend this year, bloody covid last year cancelled, manys plans and traditions for the day for many folks and towns.

I used the street lamp as a feature to make it out like the sun. My towns little war memorial

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0392 (1).jpg
Views:	48
Size:	22.9 KB
ID:	320950

The next shot, I took last year as its taken me 3 years to get it what I planned for the shot, now I have half a idea what to do the next time I retake this shot. This can only happen for 20min for 7 days of the year to be in the right position. 3 years to get this shot off, hopefully get another chance before sadly many of these Cyprus trees are soon to be replaced.

The towns Avenue of Honour stretching for a couple km for those whome served from the township in WW1-2.

Name:	DSC_1749 (3).jpg
Views:	47
Size:	21.3 KB
ID:	320951

Another shot the same night, different settings etc.
    Towns Avenue of Honour.

Both shots had been featured in a news article in the local and national ABC last year or the year before. Was quite chuffed to get that kinda exposure. But it lead to getting the cause heard.

This image a road train started to come around the bend a few km before hitting out town. Different lens and settings this shot.

Name:	DSC_1739 (2).jpg
Views:	49
Size:	14.3 KB
ID:	320953

Comment

Great photos. It galled us all last year not being able to commemorate the usual way, but we all had to make sacrifices for the greater good and this was one of them.

Comment

I love those images Skip, bloody hard work mate!

Coffs Harbour RSL is not holding a dawn service this year and I dont know why, there's some surrogate ceremony being held at the sports stadium which we won't be attending.
        Fortunately a sub branch just south have maintained tradition and are holding the dawn service as always so Sawtell it will be. (thank you)

Last year was pretty gutting to be honest but it was uplifting to have so many on their driveways with candles alight and heads down.

WA are in a different boat and I am disappointed they won't be allowed to show their respects.

Comment

Originally posted by danandria View Post
          I love those images Skip, bloody hard work mate!

Coffs Harbour RSL is not holding a dawn service this year and I dont know why, there's some surrogate ceremony being held at the sports stadium which we won't be attending.
          Fortunately a sub branch just south have maintained tradition and are holding the dawn service as always so Sawtell it will be. (thank you)

Last year was pretty gutting to be honest but it was uplifting to have so many on their driveways with candles alight and heads down.

WA are in a different boat and I am disappointed they won't be allowed to show their respects.
          We had a small town march from one end of the main street to the war memorial in center of town. With covid safe practicing. Sadly no dawn service this year march was at 10am At least it was something then last year. Short service but it was something.

Hopefully with the Covid19 madness ending once those vacs are all rolled out we can presume some normality once again next years service hopefully will be bigger/better since all this covid madness.

Comment

Working...
          X