Sunsets / sunrises

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where abouts are you flying over in that pic MSR?

awesome picture.
    Go hard or Go home.

Comment

• MSR
      MSR commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks bloke! Was just North of Julia Creek heading from Townsville to Mount Isa, usually a lot higher but the winter winds are pretty savage westerlies that make for a slow old trip if you get too high. We were heading down and when we came through a couple of layers of thin cloud the sun just popped out between them. Sure do get some outstanding sunsets here,has something to do with the dust in the atmosphere i think. Some truly spectacular stuff on this thread from all over the country!
      Last edited by MSR; 16-09-2020, 10:06 PM.

Hi all.Ive been up to Cairns twice on holidays over the past 10 years
    ..my daughter was living there for a few years......I have been.thinking of the locals up there a lot since Corona broke out
    They use to say 120000 locals to cater for 3 million visitors a year....a lot of businesses up there must really be having a very bad time coping with such a catastophic downturn in tourism.

Comment

• MSR
      MSR commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah was pretty brutal when we went there- usually wall-to-wall backpackers and asian tourists, pretty light on at the moment.

One of the funny memories I have of Cairns was the fact that we caught some sooties up there and thought they werent bad eating.We got a bit fish hungry for a while and noticed that they had milk fish at the Cains markets for sale...cheap...real cheap..and nice clean looking fish
    I looked up Harrisons book on his take on that fish before buying and had a good laugh at his comments
    He said they might look great but as to eating them....If the quantity of bones doesnt put you off the flavour certainly will...everdently a good one for catch and release
    LOL.

Comment

This morning looking out the kitchen window

Click image for larger version

Name:	20201112_051123.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	62.2 KB
ID:	317945
      Sent via pony express and mail plane

You know that moment when the steak is on the grill and your mouth waters in anticipation? Vegans feel the same after mowing the lawn.

Comment

Working...
      X