Shooting trip pics from Hill End

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shooting trip pics from Hill End

So far this place is looking a little sparse so I thought I'd post some pics from a trip I did last year. Enjoy

That looks like a good spot far a Bar B Q , one bloke on the binos and a .375 or a .50 ready to send into the valley.
    Wind should be pretty readable but you'll need a damn good range finder and permission from a few land owners.

Yep I could while away a few hours there. Good spot.

PS
    Why are you rooting that rock?

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by Snag" post=1302
      That looks like a good spot far a Bar B Q , one bloke on the binos and a .375 or a .50 ready to send into the valley.
      Wind should be pretty readable but you'll need a damn good range finder and permission from a few land owners.

Yep I could while away a few hours there. Good spot.

PS
      Why are you rooting that rock?
      PMSL :lol:

My old stomping ground. Beautiful country.

Love the photo's and I recognise the background, been around miles of that place through different properties.

You do realise Nick Harvey lives in the big town of Hill End and loves a yarn, if not a shot.... Well, he used to. He's getting a bit long in the tooth these days so maybe just the yarn over his front fence in town.

I'd better go say hi again to an old neighbour before it's not possible.

Comment

thats some lovely looking country there.... lucky

Comment

i was at hill end with my grand parents a few years back and couldnt help but notice how great that country is for LR work...

nice spot , that there is the dream shooting spot for me. trying to find that in QLD now

Comment

Unfortunately I no longer have access to that place (no through any wrongdoing on my part. just circumstances). I'd love to be able to go back there though. There are goats EVERYWHERE. This property is the reason I built my 300 win mag

Comment

• S12A
            S12A commented
            Editing a comment
            Thats a shame, properties like that are too rare

I used to hunt all over Hill End as a teenager - lots of great memories and fun times. I remember walking up the Bridal Track with a rifle and shotgun with ducks and rabbits hanging off my belt, walked through the town to get to the place I was staying at, no one blinked an eye and some wanted to see the ducks and rabbits and have a chat.

How times have changed.

Life today is a far cry from what I remember it to be. I know Nick quite well and have spent quite a bit of time looking over his collection (man it was like walking into a gunshop! guns and reloading gear everywhere, I haven't seen Nick for many years now, I too should call in and say hello. I know he had a bad run in with a chainsaw a while back which nearly cost him his life - very lucky man.

Life certainly gets away on you if your not careful.
          Whacking Varmints is my passion!

Comment

Working...
          X