Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• last weekends photos

it's a bit quiet here so far so i thought i'd kick it off

here's a few pics from the weekend. We took the dogs out to a mates property for a run around and to shoot a few ferals.

sat lunch was a picnic at a spot by the river, the property has a spot called gus' where an old cocky lived. he died at 90ish a few years back. well we went to gus' grandpa's place. a spot on a hill overlooking the grazing country. the shed's been leveled by the cattle now but the place has a great feel to it. you can almost smell the smoke from the fire and hear the old bloke whistle to his dog

enjoy some pics, steve

Nice shots steve

Glad to hear you have a private property in the wake of the GC demise.

Manage to bag anything?

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      One bunny at 100m with a nice head shot with the .22, a miss on a feral cat at 70m.

Next time will be different.

Steve

Looks like a promising spot for bunnies, at the right time

Head shot at 100m isn't too shabby either! Comisserations on the cat; almost had a bead on one at my cousin's property once, but it got up a tree lol

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      We were watching a fox coming towards us and lost him near the riverbank. Then a black feral cat appears and runs up a tree. Turns out the fox was chasing the cat. At the shot all I could see was the back of the cats head but I shot high. He went one way and the fox the other and I was between two other people so I couldn't track them with the .22. I had a long shot at the cat as is ran into some rocks but missed at around 130m.

Like I said next time Will be different, I will carry either the .243 or the 7-08

looks like a good spot steve, any time spend hunting/out bush, is good time :P

Cheers,

Nuzo

Comment

Working...
    X