Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outback Pubs

This one is in Cradock SA
    So.. you have a favourite, odd, good memories, bad experiences, lost days hehe

Tibooburra Hotel, September 2005 in 44 degree heat the camper trailer was the last place to be!

Attached Files

Comment

• findingtime
      findingtime commented
      Editing a comment
      We started the day here and ended at the Tibooburra hotel later on... January 3 2003 50 degrees.... Very Very hot but i just love having beers at the Royal Mail Hotel Hungerford !

FT

• Super6one
      Super6one commented
      Editing a comment
      I love that tiboorburra pub, I walked in once and I swear a kid no older then 13 was having a beer at the bar.... Great area to stay around.... Can't wait to go back in April....

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1000135.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	33.2 KB
ID:	29997

Name:	P1000138.JPG
Size:	62.8 KB
ID:	29998

Name:	P1000137.JPG
Size:	77.7 KB
ID:	30000

Not really an outback pub. Not really anything anymore. Wittenoom.

Name:	P1000350.JPG
Size:	39.5 KB
ID:	29999

Comment

Originally posted by 2208mate" post=13964

Stayed there once while on a family holiday as a boy. Had to, we where flooded in. The publican of the time (early 1970's) was stopping every vehicle going through and telling them the road was impassable. We were on our way to the Flinders Ranges. (Got flooded in at the campsite there too, must have been a very wet year.)

Population of Craddock at that time was 4, the publican and his wife and the postmaster and his wife. It was soon to be 2 as the postmaster (& wife) were leaving. It was about 34 that night.
      Mum, Dad, and I slept in our sleeping bags on the floor of the lounge in front of the open fire. Everybody got a cooked breakfast the next morning courtesy of the publican. The other thing that springs to mind is that he was also a photographer and had a Hassellblad camera that he let Dad 'play with' for a while. Dad was a keen photographer and was thrilled to have the opportunity.
      This post may be fact or opinion, it is up to you to decide which.

Comment

• 2208mate
        2208mate commented
        Editing a comment
        Originally posted by TwoFourThree" post=14022
        Originally posted by 2208mate" post=13964

Stayed there once while on a family holiday as a boy. Had to, we where flooded in. The publican of the time (early 1970's) was stopping every vehicle going through and telling them the road was impassable. We were on our way to the Flinders Ranges. (Got flooded in at the campsite there too, must have been a very wet year.)

Population of Craddock at that time was 4, the publican and his wife and the postmaster and his wife. It was soon to be 2 as the postmaster (& wife) were leaving. It was about 34 that night.
        Mum, Dad, and I slept in our sleeping bags on the floor of the lounge in front of the open fire. Everybody got a cooked breakfast the next morning courtesy of the publican. The other thing that springs to mind is that he was also a photographer and had a Hassellblad camera that he let Dad 'play with' for a while. Dad was a keen photographer and was thrilled to have the opportunity.
        Hasselblad.. state of the art in those years.
        Can you get any pics of the pub or district that were taken on that trip by your father?
        If so PM me and I will give you an email addy. I look after the Pub's website and always looking for some nostalgia.
        BTW 7 years ago this Jan, 18 inches of water came across this flat and gave everything a good old drink..hehe.

The Pub at Hill End - spent many a fun time in there.

Whacking Varmints is my passion!

Comment

Ahh the Craddock Used to go there every week or 2 for a meal and such when living in Hawker. Great food!

Also the Hawker pub was pretty good. Spent many a evening drinking and playing pool.

Any of the drinking and eating spots in Woomera were pretty good as well. The nosh up they used to do at the oval every weekend was always a highlight of a week there. Rob and his missus Lyn were good cooks.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Went past the Hawker pub recently, looks like new owners since i was there last, yep great tucker!

Comment

and its just as nice inside.

Comment

Working...
            X