Shooting buggy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shooting buggy

This is the shooting buggy my brother in law and I used in the early 80s for fox shooting in south east SA. Used to be a
    Click image for larger version

Name:	img009.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	29658
    VW Beetle.

G'Day Fella's,

Well this one I built isn't strictly a "Shootin Buggy" but I suppose you could shoot out of it, if you could find the time?

Name:	scan0003_2013-10-12.jpg
Size:	389.7 KB
ID:	29664
    This is one of the Edge Products buggy's, you can build yourself from plans etc, that they sell!
    This is at it's Proto-Type stage, and I haven't had the time to dismantle it and get it Painted/Powder Coated.
    Before you go placing orders with them, there is a lot of work required, To Do This Properly!!!

Doh!
    Homer

Comment

• sportco
      sportco commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks like it would overtake your bullets!!

• Morgo
      Morgo commented
      Editing a comment
      Very nice Homer

What sort of engine and speed does it have?

Originally posted by sportco" post=13616
    This is the shooting buggy my brother in law and I used in the early 80s for fox shooting in south east SA. Used to be a

VW
    Beetle.
    Would like to have the Holden sitting in the shed. HD-HG ?
    Attached Files

Comment

• sportco
      sportco commented
      Editing a comment
      That was my 1968 HK with the 161 motor. Not fast but would go all day in all terrain. It survived one inundation in a flash flood that I didn't find out til after I bought it.

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by Needbiggertargets" post=13627
      Originally posted by sportco" post=13616

VW
      Beetle.
      Would like to have the Holden sitting in the shed. HD-HG ?
      Great photo mate , brings back memories of the good days when you could have some fun without needing your barrister with you to interpret the law .
      Attached Files

Don't start me on bloody FLOODS . I have been through about 4 major floods and in one lost most of our possessions.
    I don't know what is wrong with this site but it's not typing well.

Comment

• sportco
      sportco commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks ok from my end happyjack.

This was a shooting buggy but it fell over doing some circle work -- left hand king pin broke --the rest is as they say history.
    The wheels today would be worth a new gun or two --1924 dodge flying four -- fitted with 24 inch Hupmobile wire wheels.
    Flying four is sort of right its the landing that was the problem
    Attached Files
    [center]
    Don’t poke the snake, walk around it and come back later with a double-barrelled shotgun and blow its [email protected]#!ing head off!.

Australia in future, the outcome is the same, a bloody dictatorship run on the whims of a very few ego-centric pathological elitists.

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by NoFerals" post=13681
      This was a shooting buggy but it fell over doing some circle work -- left hand king pin broke --the rest is as they say history.
      The wheels today would be worth a new gun or two --1924 dodge flying four -- fitted with 24 inch Hupmobile wire wheels.
      Gidday no ferals, did the number 11 on the door hold any significance, like 05 for brock, or was it just a number. NBT
      Attached Files

• Send-it
      Send-it commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by NoFerals" post=13681
      one owner too?
      Attached Files

Name:	frankenzook.jpg
Size:	16.5 KB
ID:	29733

Name:	008.jpg
Size:	43.1 KB
ID:	29732

First decent shooting buggy was a suzuki bitzer [trying to find pics][found one]
    It was mostly zook, but had bits of other zooks, valiant, holden, VW, massey furguson and lots of bunnings hardware bolted, rivited, screwed, glued, welded and fibreglassed to it over its life.
    Poor old frankenzook had its limitations- not roadworthy- had to be trailered everywhere,
    couldnt carry much, and bits kept falling off faster than I could replace them. [industrial termites]

The frankenzook was replaced by this ex US Postal service 1970's DJ5 JEEP,
    6 cylinder, 2 wheel drive, auto,LSD, sliding doors- that were locked open most of the time [on or off road]
    Flat floor in the front- [no sills to step over].
    Hatch in the roof for the spotlight operator, false floor between rear wheel arches for spot-kid to stand on.

Passenger usually had the shotgun or .22, along with gate opening duties,
    spot-kid was also the designated carcase pickerupperer
    driver [me] usually had either the threeoh, .243, or .223 depending on the properties vermin.

sold this around 12 years ago- wish I had kept it though.

stephen
    all times wasted wots not spent shootin'

Comment

Great old buggies there.

I wouldnt mind getting an electric buggy one day. The quiet running would be a bonus, though prob not as fun for general running about in.

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Originally posted by Vromme" post=13810
        Great old buggies there.

I wouldnt mind getting an electric buggy one day. The quiet running would be a bonus, though prob not as fun for general running about in.
        Who told you electric buggies are no fun?
        Here's 2 of mine.
        This one is a Chinese copy of an American EZ-GO TXT hunting buggy.

My mate Bill on my EZ-GO RXV golf buggy on steroids. I have added roll bars to both buggies since these pics and camo seats.

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Originally posted by Vromme" post=13810
        Great old buggies there.

Where would you plug it in out in the bush
    Working...
    X