1st Family Trip Out West Qld

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st Family Trip Out West Qld

So I thought I'd continue this thread from the old forum, considering I just got home a few hours ago and read the news.

Anyway, took the whole family out St George way for a week of camping and shooting. First night we stayed 20k north of Miles and then headed West to the property. Got smashed by two storm fronts on the second afternoon and had to bail out pretty quick as it was getting to dangerous with about 100km/hr winds.
    Didn't get to do any hunting which I had planned for the night of the storm. Got a bit of steel target shooting and plinking in with the missus, which was fun, and she got to try clays and blasting some watermelons with her new Akkar Churchill 12g.

Here's a few pics anyway. Enjoy ....

Just before the storms hit us .....

this little fella was in my cleaning kit after the storm

Comment

Good stuff mate. Shame about the weather but, at least you made the most of it.

Good on ya mate!

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        thanks mate ....

we really got looked after by the locals too, which was just great, and they needed the rain more than we needed a holiday !!

I'm really glad my young fella got to experience his first outback trip at 6 years old. We'll definately be heading back out again.

Guff, I see you have all the creature comforts in your van setup.

At least you and your family still managed to have a little fun, despite the bad weather.

Thanks....

************************************************** ************************************************** ****

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Originally posted by Maverick" post=7933
        Guff, I see you have all the creature comforts in your van setup.

At least you and your family still managed to have a little fun, despite the bad weather.

Thanks....

************************************************** ************************************************** ****
        gotta have my coffee in morning ...

So lucky!
      thanks!!

Comment

• El-Skippo
        Skip commented
        Editing a comment
        Originally posted by sirus17" post=7957
        So lucky!
        Those little marble scorpions are bloody everywere at my place. In the bathroom, laundry, once in the lounge, a few while getting wood. But seen my fair share of them.

Last year my little girl was playing in her room and got stung by one. She turns out to be effected by the poison they deliver so she had to spend a little time in the clink.

Me I've been drug a few times and nothing. Hit and miss with littles ( as some are ok and others get very sick )

Nice little write up mate, some great pics too, shame about not being able to get out hunting, but at least you got a chance to have a shot with the wife. Also love the coffee machine a fan! - now that's camping! :lol:

I'm just as bad these days, I take the kettle and Aerobed! :lol:
      Whacking Varmints is my passion!

Comment

My wife would like to camp with us like that. Then again when we went to the dubbo zoo we borrowed her parents van and 4ltr prado .I liked it but staying at the caravan park in school holidays wasn't my cup of tea . I'd much prefer your spot Shame about the hunting but its just good to get out there some times .

Comment

thanks fella's

we had a ball

I'll post some more pics this arvo

Comment

Comment

Working...
            X