243 87gr VMAX vs Fox at close range

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 243 87gr VMAX vs Fox at close range

You were expecting more damage weren't you? Don't worry, so was I. FYI there was no exit wound out the back of the head, I suspect it hit the jaw and blew up.

I'll be swapping back to Nosler 95gr's once I work a load out for them.

If you hit the jaw it would be like mince in that head lol
    thanks!!

Comment

• El-Skippo
      Skip commented
      Editing a comment
      A Oldie but a Goldie ..... 168 grn Amax ( my fav pill of all time )

Skip, that's the sort of damage I expected, and the sort of performance I have gotten in the past from the Noslers.

Comment

• Vromme
      Vromme commented
      Editing a comment
      I think a brain surgeon would probably have troubles putting him back together again, it would be an absolute mess on the inside!

• El-Skippo
      Skip commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by Bradaus" post=5675
      Skip, that's the sort of damage I expected, and the sort of performance I have gotten in the past from the Noslers.
      I have found that if your driving them fast and hit them close enough ( they kinda go right through. ) but if you get them at range and hit a nice hard bit of bone at just the right fps .... Your in for some spectacular kills.

The noslers seem to do very well at close to med range ( perhaps the thicker base ) has a bit more to it. At Linder range they tend not to open at all.

But all in all ... The pills do what they do ( make things dead ) a dead feral is a good one

Hi Bradaus 87grnr's have been my pill of choice for a while now but the last pack I bought don't seem to be expending as much energy(blowing shit up) as the last 3 boxes I've used so bought a couple boxes 75grn vmaxs to give a run. How new was your pack of projectiles?

Comment

• Bradaus
      Bradaus commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by Y-T" post=5994
      Hi Bradaus 87grnr's have been my pill of choice for a while now but the last pack I bought don't seem to be expending as much energy(blowing shit up) as the last 3 boxes I've used so bought a couple boxes 75grn vmaxs to give a run. How new was your pack of projectiles?
      Bought 1000 in sept 2011. First time using them on game cus i couldn't get them to shoot in my other 243, but they do ok in the new rifles.

as a mature and ethical hunter (caugh), why do i find this entertaining?
    i guess i hate the though of not killing something instantly.
    my 250's do the samething = head now gone, still orbiting somewhere. :lol:

Comment

• Fast Twist
      Fast Twist commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by Send-it" post=6010
      as a mature and ethical hunter (caugh), why do i find this entertaining?
      i guess i hate the though of not killing something instantly.
      my 250's do the samething = head now gone, still orbiting somewhere. :lol:
      Can I play? No need for 168 grains when 50 will do the job...

Hey Brad have you ever given the 88gr Bergers (hunting) a try out of the 243? I find the results very impressive.

Comment

I use the 87VMAX in my 6mm Rem AckleyImproved. Driven at 3450 fps it is known between me and my shooting brothers as the "6mm bully". It is absolutely brutal and tears foxes apart. It packs a huge 'wop' factor. Can't comemnt on the 88 gr bergers but willsoon, I also have a 6x47Lapua I have loaded both for and will be trying them soon.

Comment

Working...
      X