winton trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• winton trip

After a belayed start left Charleville and headed for Blackall for the night
    Camping on the banks of the Barcoo
    We have had our first casualty the hydrogen powered falcon uterus cleaned up a big red as Uncle Jed left St George this morning these city boys that won't invest in steal work
    Photo to follow once enough parts are found to photograph
    Early start in the morning heading north to barky longreach and on to winton
    Updates to follow as events occur
    Fish
    Sent via pony express and mail plane

You know that moment when the steak is on the grill and your mouth waters in anticipation? Vegans feel the same after mowing the lawn.

Should have used one of these Jed
    Attached Files

Comment

Bloody roos hey - shit loads of em out that way last time we were up there. We just made a rule of not driving too early or too late, way too dangerous (we found that out the hard way the year before :lol: we were lucky though as we had a bull bar and only damaged the headlight/blinker unit. Also keep an eye out for pigs and emu's!

Have fun mate and I look forward to seeing the pics and report.
      Whacking Varmints is my passion!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20130927_103523.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	20407
        Jeds first pig for the trip

You know that moment when the steak is on the grill and your mouth waters in anticipation? Vegans feel the same after mowing the lawn.

Comment

Originally posted by fishphillott" post=2442
          After a belayed start left Charleville and headed for Blackall for the night
          Camping on the banks of the Barcoo
          We have had our first casualty the hydrogen powered falcon uterus cleaned up a big red as Uncle Jed left St George this morning these city boys that won't invest in steal work
          Photo to follow once enough parts are found to photograph
          Early start in the morning heading north to barky longreach and on to winton
          Updates to follow as events occur
          Fish

Poor old roo, don't you know they're protected. There's only 650 000 000 of them left.
          Not suitable for mature audiences

Comment

made it back to civilization this morning
            the local panel beaters took the hybrid and reformed it into something that may or may not get old uncle Jed back to the big smoke
            last I heard he was being chased over the border by angry locals after he asked for a soy latte at a truck stop
            but anyway more photos
            fish's first cat

Name:	20130927_205504.jpg
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	21902

the second pig

Name:	20130927_210922.jpg
Size:	65.6 KB
ID:	21903

the second cat didn't have its photo taken but it was shot at about 5m with the HOWA he was pretending he wasn't there lying under a water trough hoping I didn't see him (Jed walked straight passed him)

The rest of the photos were taken with Jed's Box Brownie so we have a 14 day development wait
            total confirmed kills
            2 cats
            10 pigs
            1 goat who fell some where that photos cant be taken for cultural reasons
            and lots and lots of macapods
            I will say that a good time was had once again untill fish ran out of durries and he became a cranky Ba***rd but I had a bex and a LLD and was almost bearable again the next day
            met some nice people who owned the property but are doing it rather tough due to the drought conditions on a 50000 acre station they had 150 head of braford heifers 2 rams and a ewe fighting over 2 blades of grass

Comment

Good stuff Fish, that cat don't look like its suffering from the drought to much.
              Not suitable for mature audiences

Comment

Working...
              X