• Show
Clear All

• May Shoot

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2695.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	75.9 KB
ID:	19021
    Hi to all just signed up and look forward to contributing to the site.
    Sorry for the punctuation I am not a writer so stay with me
    Some may have already seen these but to the few that may have not these are a few of 106 pigs in may. There is a certain spot that I thought no one had visited for a while and its just a small section that can easily pass the eye. Its is bordered by a wall of reeds from the paddock and is only about 300-400m deep till it hits the neighbours fence. After walking through the reed wall I found pig utopia water plenty of mud and an abundance of reed bed to hide in actually so thick you wouldn’t send a dog in as you couldn’t go in to get them out and the pigs would hook the daylights out of them in that tight ground.
    So after nailing a few average hogs at around 5pm I started to hear some great size porkers fighting and squealing. As I walked around the edge of the reed there was four pigs two awesome boars and two mid size. I snuck over to about 120m keeping the reed between me and them and smashed a 190 grainer out of the 300 mag into the head of the biggest one and he dropped like rock. The second took a few steps forward trying to work out what was going on but the next was almost on its way. So a few more seconds and the next one got drilled by then the two mid size had trotted of.
    Elated with the size and how easy they came I went back to the quad bike and back for beverage . I went back the next day and same again started to get more pigs but its hard to catch them when they are running in between tall stands of reed’s. Just as I walked around back of some reeds the big black one was at about 11 oclock to me to me with some reed between us. He stopped about every 3 to 7 m listening and smelling amazing what you pick up when you just watch them. After a few minutes pop eye got one behind the ear.
    By day three I went back to find a fox eating pop eye once again keeping the reed between us to get a better shot I went right a bit to see a good size boar about 20m behind the fox stiff as a post watching the fox eat. So I made the choice to take the pig and he went over with a head shot. The 190 grain pill would have parted the foxes fur going over his head towards the pig but he didn’t run just put his head up for a look and went back to afternoon tea and I was able to get him as well .
    Hope you find the pics of some value
    Regards JB

Name:	DSCN2716.JPG
Size:	75.4 KB
ID:	19020

Name:	DSCN2712.JPG
Size:	77.4 KB
ID:	19019

Name:	DSCN2708_2013-09-08.JPG
Size:	79.5 KB
ID:	19018

Name:	DSCN2699.JPG
Size:	77.5 KB
ID:	19017

looks like a good spot mate well done
    Fish
    Sent via pony express and mail plane

You know that moment when the steak is on the grill and your mouth waters in anticipation? Vegans feel the same after mowing the lawn.

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Cheers fish how ya been bud

busy hunting and generally going broke quickly thanks to the current cattle market
    Sent via pony express and mail plane

You know that moment when the steak is on the grill and your mouth waters in anticipation? Vegans feel the same after mowing the lawn.

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah a bit of rain would be nice

Some nice hogs there mate, good score.
    Not suitable for mature audiences

Comment

Thanks guys will put up some more up soon I just got back a week ago total 3days hunting for 83 pigs

Comment

Working...
      X