Clear All

Hope it goes well for you mate.
    Faster Horses
    Younger Women
    Older Whiskey
    More Money

SSAA N52

Comment

It should mate. The loaner ‘triple deuce’ does the trick and has filled the void but....

"If we meet offline and you look nothing like your Pics...You are buying me drinks until you do!"

Comment

Try that Cheap Federal Powershok that I am pretty sure was you that recommended years back if the SSTs don't shoot well.
        A bloke that has had 2 diff brand Creed varmints has had good results with it and I shot a pretty good 200yd group with it.
        My Swede likes it and it is a good deer pill.
        It's a 140rg soft point, although 120 and 130gr bullets often shoot a bit better and flatter at shorter ranges.
        Not sure if Aussie shot it.

If that was a typo Sprint, and you meant 39.5gr of 09, that was my first pet load with 140gr pills.
        I think it was the lower accuracy node but then I went chasing the high node around the ADI book max.
        Lots of blokes like 42gr but I get pressure signs above 41.

For some reason, I couldn't get the Peterson LRP brass to go as well (less single raggeds at 100)
        It seems to have less capacity and may just need a load tuned to it.
        The Lap SRP and cheap FC LRP seem to shoot well with the same load.
        Too many projies waisted as well as barrel accuracy life for me to tune all the combos.
        Last edited by magoo; 16-10-2020, 06:02 PM.

Comment

Yes, it was me, advocating the Fed Power Shok stuff... Was using it in both the .308 (130 gr) and .243 (80 gr)... Great results.

In ‘Ozzies’ review the best he gets with the Power Shok stuff was just over an inch @ 100M. Where the Hornady stuff was half an inch.... I’m not that fussed.

"If we meet offline and you look nothing like your Pics...You are buying me drinks until you do!"

Comment

Originally posted by magoo View Post
            Try that Cheap Federal Powershok that I am pretty sure was you that recommended years back if the SSTs don't shoot well.
            A bloke that has had 2 diff brand Creed varmints has had good results with it and I shot a pretty good 200yd group with it.
            My Swede likes it and it is a good deer pill.
            It's a 140rg soft point, although 120 and 130gr bullets often shoot a bit better and flatter at shorter ranges.
            Not sure if Aussie shot it.

If that was a typo Sprint, and you meant 39.5gr of 09, that was my first pet load with 140gr pills.
            I think it was the lower accuracy node but then I went chasing the high node around the ADI book max.
            Lots of blokes like 42gr but I get pressure signs above 41.

For some reason, I couldn't get the Peterson LRP brass to go as well (less single raggeds at 100)
            It seems to have less capacity and may just need a load tuned to it.
            The Lap SRP and cheap FC LRP seem to shoot well with the same load.
            Too many projies waisted as well as barrel accuracy life for me to tune all the combos.
            Yes Magoo was a typo!!
            Cheers
            Faster Horses
            Younger Women
            Older Whiskey
            More Money

SSAA N52

Comment

Working...
            X